Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: how can i match the beat grid and waveform???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NayrHome userMember since 2003
it seems that the beat grid and waveform doesn't match? is there a way to manually adjust the beatgrid for it to match the waveform?

Posted Thu 10 Jul 03 @ 4:41 am
You can match de waveform and the beat grid by using de BPM editor.

Right click on the track, and choose “edit bpm”. Adjust the beat grid by using “phase” or by the manual “beat tap”

Norm.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 03 @ 5:25 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, there are 2 ways:
Edit bpm of that song and move the phase guide
Create a shortcut to adjust_CBG

DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
lol coyote
just 15" behind you

lol Coco ;)

Posted Thu 10 Jul 03 @ 5:26 am
NayrHome userMember since 2003
thanks!

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 4:50 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Can you guys tell me exactly what value you put in the shortcut? I've tried a bunch and it doesn't work. I used the / for the shortcut. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 11:35 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Now you can use "edit_bpm" to do that

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 1:37 am
@djej

Sorry, I know you have been asking "how to..." , about the CBG shortcuts for awhile...

here is how :
1. Go to the "keyboard shortcut" tab at the control panel of Virtual DJ
2. Press "ADD.."
3. Go to "RYTHM" in the first column
4. Go to "adjust_cbg" in the second column
5. choose the values "default deck" and a value ( in this case -64)
6. Assign it to a keyboard letter THAT IS NOT IN USE for other function (say the letter "N")

now you have a keyboard shortcut for SMALL adjustment for deck playing. It will move towards the left (negative value)

Do the same as above, but choose the value "+64" and asign it to different letter, say "M".
This will make the same function as above, but move small steps to the right (positive value)

This will make to keyboard shortcuts for small adjustments of CBG to fit beats.

The second 2 shortcuts you might wanna have is to adjust the BIG square to be aligned to the first beat of a bar (usually the first beat of a song, or the first beat where the vocal start). Reason being that beatmix with first beat of a bar aligned for both songs will sound ALOT BETTER then mixing without them aligned.

To make this keyboard shortcut, do the same as above, but change the values for :
1. "adjust_cbg4" (this will move the big square from beat to beat, and not small steps)
2. Set the value to -1
3. Assign it to a keyboar letter, say "CTRL+N" (or another letter not in use by other function)

To the same one more time, but choose the values +1, and asign it to a different shortcut (say, "CTRL+M")

Thats it ;) Good luck

I also made this available as a blog, in case others want this help:

CBG ADJUST BY KEYBOARD

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 2:57 pm
Norway you are the BEST!!!!

I wasn't using the + or - signs. I do understand how to make shortcuts and use them extensively just wasn't sure of the value. Can't wait to get home and try tonight. I really appreciate the help. I hope one day I'll learn enough to be able to return the favor.

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 5:09 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj-in-norway : thanks for your help .
everyday we can learn something new .

Posted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 11:57 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
It's really worth to spend some time with the shortcuts page.
You can do miracles there...
It's the hidden power of vdj...
combination of keys/ batch commands etc
Virtual dj really shines...

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 3:14 am
Sure is.... keyboard shortcuts can make the whole difference ;)
In fact, you have a whole lot of keys at the keyboard that can have advanced function to help your mixing... and you can have several functions assigned to ONE key (a batch/multi function)

It surly is a "hidden", but GREAT feature of Virtual DJ ;)

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 2:46 pm
Worked like a charm. Thanks again Norway. You taught an Ultra VIP member something. It's funny I'm in the training business...if I knew enough I could organize a Shortcut training manual easily. I'm not on the learning side often so this has been quite interesting from a bunch of different levels for me.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 12:05 am
"Sure is.... keyboard shortcuts can make the whole difference" you're right. Everything to control Virtual DJ is in the editor and to complete you can use the windows registry. You can create all what you want with the existing functions.
And in plugins you can use all these functions as in the editor ;-)

Only one thing that we are correcting in the user guide (not in VDJ as it's correct), the action (function) "select()" select the DEFAULT desk (you pre-listen on default desk) and not the active desk as it is written

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 1:04 am
shortcut manual - with good tips & trix would actually be cool.... Great idea ;) maybe something we could make, as a sticky thread...

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 3:28 pm
I'm working on it with lej78480 who is updating the user guide ;-)

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 3:33 pm
cool ;)
no wonder u are VIP ;) hehe

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 3:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)