Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Search: Stop External, songs still show

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
So I have laptop with an external drive. There are times when I use the external and times where I only use the lappy. When I disconnect the external and do a search, even after re-scanning, titles from the external still show up, though they're not available. Any way to solve that besides deleting the database and reanalyzing? I don't want to do that and lose all the cues I've set up. Gotta be an easier way to have it so that only the files available on the drive I'm using shows up huh? I hope.

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 6:30 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you should just have to delete the mp3database.txt file and do a quick scan, this wont delete all of your cue points etc...
and when you plug in your external hd again just so another quick scan

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 6:52 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
damn, that was way too easy. you were right, it worked like a charm. thanks a lot djzero, much appreciated!

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 9:03 am
Thank you a million times! I've been pulling my hair out trying to find and delete the non-existant H-drive I got when I did back up. I'm not sure if my iPod will cause the same problem (my emergency gig back up) but at least I know how to fix it if it does.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 11:39 am
from version 2.06, you can also rightclick the scanned folder (if set as favorite) inside virtual DJ, and choose to remove from search database.

That will remove those files at the external drive from the scanning database

;)

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 8:34 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
But that won't work if that drive is no longer connected... best way is to delete the database.txt file.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 9:19 am
It has do be done before you disconnect the hardrive of course :)

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 9:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)