Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I WANT TO FADE BACK AND FORTH NICELY FROM A PLAYLIST

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I first started using AtomixMP3 about 2 years ago. I dj mostly weddings. I have upgraded to Virtual DJ about 4 months ago.

When playing music during the cocktail hour and dinner, I would load in a playlist of softer music and click on automatic mix. It gave me different choices on how to blend (fade) two songs together. Like, start mixing when there is 5 or 10 seconds remaining in the song or last beat. Where is that function on VIRTUAL DJ? Or is there a function like that on VDJ? And if so, what would the settings be?

I don't need it to beatmix just blend the two songs together nicely for backround music.

Posted Sat 09 Oct 04 @ 3:12 pm
You can set the fade time in the config panel under Fame Settings.

Posted Sat 09 Oct 04 @ 7:40 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey since the topic is here...

How can you "teach" VDJ to NOT fade a cold ending song...? As in - a song that ends hard, instead of fading.

Posted Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 10:45 pm
@ idj4u: Isn't that the 'mix cut' option in the 'edit automix' tab you can set for each song?

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 12:37 am
I don't know, that's why I asked the experts. I will try have a closer look. Sounds like you know what I have in mind, and it sounds like that's the answer! Thanks :)

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 1:27 am
Lodewijk - you are incorrect!!

Virtual DJ still has a problem with Playlists....one can set it to fade in and out of a song, but only from the LAST BEAT of the song....that is not acceptable for songs that have lyrical endings as opposed to downbeat endings.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE correct this problem...it has been a major short coming of VDJ since the beginning.

Thanks,
Swingshoes

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 1:43 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
True.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 2:38 pm
Thank goodness! I thought I was just not quite bright enough to operate VDJ because stuffed if I could work out how to "teach" it when to mix...

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 2:23 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
VDJ is for live mixing geez guys how hard is it to load your dinner music into winamp and let it go. That's exactly what I do, then when its time to "take the reigns" I alt tab over to vdj and rock the freekin house!

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 3:00 am
Winamp?

I don't have this problem with my CD player. ;-)

Posted Sun 17 Oct 04 @ 9:42 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think that many users feel that for dinner music and cocktail hour they should be able to load a few songs into a playlist and let it go with some confidence that the beginnings and endings of songs won't be cut off, sometime in mid-lyric. Many DJ's find this to be a useful tool during a function.
Suggesting that a user who has purchased perhaps the finest mixing software on the planet should use winamp during a gig is perhaps a bit insulting. I think that eventually the dev team will add this function back into VDJ. They have just had so many other good updates that they have been working on that this function seems to have slipped onto the back burner for now.
I think as more and more people ask for it, they will get it implemented.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 1:23 pm
I would love this feature at the moment i run Otsdj for my smooth background music but then change to Vdj for the live mixing. All a bit of a pain as i would prefer to use just one software for the night.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 4:24 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I will try to create a plugin for a special automix with smooth transitions a the end of the songs.
I have no time these days but I'll start to work on it as soon as possible.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 10:07 pm
Hey VDJ Developers,

I have posted and commented a few times....all with the same message: please please please create a professional sounding autoplay/automix feature which will allow a song to fade out as the song ends (not the last beat) and fade in the new song as it begins (not at the first beat).

What disturbs be greatly is that Virtual DJ is a very sophisticated piece of software...almost without a rival...but what seems to be a simple feature found on many simplistic programs (such as Winamp) is non existant in VDJ. It's just astounding that the developers haven't realized that setting up good playlist where a dj/host can go to the bathroom or schmooze is just as much a part of the job as actually beat-mixing music.

So once again....please please please solve one of VDJ huge setbacks. And help us do our jobs with no other software but yours.

Erik
Swingshoes

Posted Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 10:19 pm
Yes. ;)

I love the part where you can actually set the point instead of having a "general" 4 seconds, 5 seconds before the enf oa song as another software company has.

I'd love to have a wonderful flowing playlist as well.

Help!!

Love the work though,GREAT JOB.. and PLEASE keep it up.

Wobble

Posted Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 11:29 pm
Hey guys thanks for the support. I wasn't looking forward to going back in time about 5 years and reducing myself to Winamp status again...

VDJ is definately the winning software. It seems to be the best for real beat mixing but if it can't handle the basic stuff (like simple fades on dinner music at weddings) then I have no need to give up my CDs yet. Although I too have been considering using VDJ for the real work, and alternative "simple" software to handle the "simple" tasks (too simple for VDJ?!?!?!)

I'm also still waiting for the pitch reset issue to be fixed. Everytime a new song loads, the pitch resets to zero. Regardless of anything else, I will buy this program the day that bug is fixed. (assuming I haven't been lured away by some other shiny new prgram, which I don't see happening ina hurry)

Posted Tue 19 Oct 04 @ 11:12 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 12:53 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
Oh, and the pitch reset has been fixed

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 1:25 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
it has? Dev staff? I assume this is in a version to be released soon?

Posted Fri 22 Oct 04 @ 1:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)