Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question about analyzing files ....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all !!

It seems to be that there are 2 different types of file scanning

1) When you manually 'scan' it or load it for the first time .... which detects the bpm, level, etc

2) when you load it and detects the peaks

How come everytime you load it .... it always has to re-scan ?

Posted Thu 10 Jul 03 @ 2:52 am
When you drag a mp3 into the deck for the first time, VDJ load the song in memory AND analyse the mp3.

And a file which had already been analysed, VDJ load it completly also in memory (bcs loop 512, 1024 are possible now) without updated the database file.

I think VDJ works like that :)

Posted Thu 10 Jul 03 @ 2:39 pm
If you look at other software and hardware (like DJ cd-players), they don't need load entire songs in to their memory uncompressed. This seems like a shortcut made to avoid some technical complexity.

Offtopic rant:
I just wish the low update speed of the wave display would be fixed, i made a 60 FPS lossless video of the wave display, and looking it frame by frame you can see that VDJ (also atomix) updates wave like: update,-,-,update,-,-,-,-,update .. the "-" present a frame where nothing happens and the problem is that instead of the wave moving smoothly it jumps around. So my rought estimate is that VDJ is actually updating the wave only 10-15 FPS, on a 3 Ghz P4 / 512 !Very annoying and causes eyestrain and tense if you mix looking the wave a lot.

Posted Thu 10 Jul 03 @ 8:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)