Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using the Hercules DJ Console with C++ or Visual Basic

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering if someone could help me with this.

I'm trying to make my own dj software for personal use, and I want to make it possible to control it with the Hercules DJ Console. I'm currently working in Visual Basic, but if it's only possible to use the console with C++, I'll try using that.

Can anyone tell me how to use the console from either Visual Basic or C++?

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 4:47 pm
vbjackPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the consule sends out MIDI commands through the USB Port. That little green alien by the clock turns those commands into keyboard shortcuts.

-JaK

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 5:50 pm
The MIDI butons can be set up in a sub rintime object on visual basic. A problem will ocur with faders and jog weels. The output of the sound can be set optional same as a sound card. To do that you would need to take class module library by the Hercules dj console programers. Were is the real advatage of building a program by buyin it on a real low price with a lot of optional features as time coded vynil with a low latency, keyboard shortcuts, optionals skins, active wave form histogram, optional bmb grid and by the way updating every time to the leatest version, etc? Building a own program (anykind of program), you would mind that is a waste of time if you don't resell it.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 04 @ 9:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)