Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: mp3 questions.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Firstly, Can't VDJ look at the tags to ascertain the trackname/artist data? For single artist albums I have to keep my files structure:

Artist\Album\%t trackname.mp3

where %t is the track number. This is to keep the file name short and make sure the order is correct within the folder even if sorted alphabetically. All my tags are up to date, but VDJ insists on parsing just the filename.

Also, for the recording to mp3 option... there is nowhere to set full options or command-line options for the encoder. Even though you supply us with the LAME encoder which can do VBR with a range of powerful options you only give us the option of a fixed bitrate encoding from within VDJ, which is crazy! High-quality VBR is by far the most efficient way of encoding mp3 (best sound per filesize) and ALL of my mp3s are encoded like this (LAME "--preset extreme" or something similar) Please give us the option at least to specify our own commandline options even if you don't have time to allow somewhere in the frontend to set all the possible parameters.

Thanks!

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 8:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)