Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: More questions: (problems)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I've just discovered the powerful features of the BPM edit (right click in playlist). Great work guys. It doesn't seem to do very well when a song has varying bpm. How can VDJ somehow track a moving segment of the song and pick out a BPM for that section? If not, then even if the beat points are accurate for one part of the song they gradually go out of phase as the BPM changes within the song.

Next problem: More crashing. I've had VDJ *2.03* crash quite a few times when playing with loops. Can't seem to replicate the exact circumstances, but here's what I did.

Play
Loop IN
Loop OUT ****crash

next try:

Play
Loop IN
Loop OUT ***** loop played was completely off what I pressed and way too short
Loop EXIT
Loop IN
Loop OUT --- worked fine.

hmmm......

Next problem:
Sometimes when I drag/drop a song onto a deck, it reads in the entire song structure immediately. Sometimes it reads in just a second or two, and won't read it in until I start playing. Independent of whether I have "analyse"d the song or not. Why is this? I have two tracks on "Flying Rhino - Black Rhino - 11:15" in front fo me.

Track 04 "Slinky Wizard - Fist full of Mutants" will not read in. Even if I play half the track, Stop, and drag/drop the same song onto the same deck again, it erases all the previous beat data (scrolling red mountains on the top) and reads in just 2 beats from the start again.
Track 05 "Alienated - Not For Children - 8:31" it reads in the entire song structure immediately without fail. Is there a setting somewhere based on song length or something else I'm missing?

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 7:39 pm
Well first off did you get more ram?
As for your song problem go to General tab in config and change the value of the max load longer than your song.
{:^)
Regards

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 12:26 am
Thanks for the help!

I have 3Gb ram.

OK.. the max load was set to 10m... I changed it to 30 and it fixed that problem.

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 7:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)