Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pc sound card or Usb sound Card????????

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djshaunHome userMember since 2004
i am gonna be using 2 turntables. and i will need another sound card. as far as scratching goes and latency. should i get a pc sound card or an external usb sound card. please let me know. thanks

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 5:53 pm
dont think it matter much... get the one that you like the most.
USB is faster than PCI slots, but dont think you can tell any difference... both usb and pci soundcard will work fine :)

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 12:59 pm
correct me if i'm wrong.. but don't you think PCI is much faster than USB?

i agree that the difference is hardly noticeable, but i would go for the PCI card.

TIP: Delta 410 PCI is absolute one of the best multichannel soundcards you can get.

Posted Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 4:09 pm
I use a SB Exitgy External for the decks (Front and Rear for decks A & B) and use my built-in card for any samples that I run. I haven't had any problems with latency with those at all. Just a question: Does VDJ auto create vaules for latency?

Posted Tue 05 Oct 04 @ 6:07 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I personnally use for 2 months Maya USB 44 soundcard. Cheap and reliable, what can I say more ? oh yes maybe one word : excellent product :p

Posted Tue 05 Oct 04 @ 4:38 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
xang--x :
ok ....and now ....can you tell how to configurate maya 44 usb .... for me it's imposible ....only have 2 line in but haven't 2 outs

Posted Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 3:25 pm
if you are thinking to scratch ....usb with low latency ...I've tried audigy 2 and the difference is BIG ,,, much better with maya 44 usb BUT BE CAREFULL

Posted Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 3:45 pm
if you are thinking to scratch ....usb with low latency ...I've tried audigy 2 PCI for line in and the difference is BIG ,,, much better with maya 44 usb BUT BE CAREFULL ....THE DRIVERS are a problem ....BIG PROBLEM ... for me is imposible to work with my 2 outs ....I use 2 line in (maya 44)
and 2 outs audigy 2

you can use PCI line in but this isn't very good --- it works but latency is big ...the soud is not much real when you move the vinyl - if you try PCI line in and after you try Usb with Asio drivers you will note the difference

Posted Fri 08 Oct 04 @ 3:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)