Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Lots of questions:

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

-- I asked about this in the general forum, but I see now the software doesn't do what I had asked. It would be nice if you could 'record' the slider motion etc, to create and edit mixes to be performed automatically at a later date. This would be great for setting up a perfect mix for a CD or auto-mix for a party. Sort of like the automix but with more scope to specify mix points etc.

-- I would like to scan the entire contents of my 40GB mp3 player (iriver H140) which is connected as external drive G: However only about 2/3 of this is techno style music which I'd like Virtual DJ to auto-analyse. I can't find a way to add certain DIRECTORIES to the library with analyse switched on, whilst leaving other directories to scan into the database WITHOUT performing extended analysis.

-- Editing the BPM of a track on the fly doesn't fix the green dotted beat pattern! It found one track as 72bpm when in fact it was 144, but editing this didn't fix it, which meant mixing with the next track was very difficult as the incorrect track was already playing. It was fine when I reloaded the track but obviously I couldn't do this live.

-- Sometimes VDJ gets the bar pattern wrong. It may pick out the correct BPM and beat points but thinks that beat 3 is the 'accent' beat. Is there any way to inform the program of the correct accent beat so it will remember?

-- Auto repeat of one or less beats doesn't work properly. It doesn't repeat exactly the same frames each time... repeating a quarter or half beat is worst, the snippet being repeated changes until the engine flips out and corrects itself sending the track out of time.

These are just a couple of problems I found with the software, and I also had a couple of crashes of the software whilst using the auto repeat beats functions. I don't know if this is fixed in 2.03 but if it isn't I'll try to replicate it and let you know.

Otherwise I'm very impressed so far. Keep up the good work!

Posted Sun 03 Oct 04 @ 11:14 am
i need some help.. I just built a computer, about a month ago. and i had my virtual dj program on a single hardrive...of my old computer... which i put into my new one....along with my slave. i copied everything over to the slave and removed the master... later on in the week i put the master back in and the dj file wont work....

The 2.3 crack works, but it says there is an error with the skin file, and songs dosent play correctly, effects donĀ“t work, etc..... what do i do??...
i got new copies of the default skin.... and some atomix ones also...

Posted Tue 05 Oct 04 @ 8:59 pm
kingpin02: cracks are not supported. You can't just come on the VirtualDJ official forum and ask for help for your cracked version. These versions are known to have a lot of bugs.

If you wish to have support for VirtualDJ, please purchase it.

macourteau

Posted Tue 05 Oct 04 @ 9:30 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Just amazes me that people with cracked versions have the nerve to come to the offical site and ask for help lol

Posted Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 5:58 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
For the lack of a better analogy, this is like walking into a convenience store and ripping off a bottle of cola.
Then returning and asking for a bottle opener and glass to pour it into.

Can't quite figure whether it's nerve or stupidity.
I mean to come right out and admit and then type the word "crack", whoa.........

In this case i'd like to see the demo skin stay just the way it is.

Posted Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 7:11 pm
Hey forum mods... would you mind deleting the comments after mine re: the crack etc? They totally detract from the points I was making, which have not been answered.

Posted Thu 07 Oct 04 @ 12:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)