Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audigy, How to use Quad Speaker setup + Headphone (6ch)?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

tekniqHome userMember since 2004
Hi, i am use a four speaker setup with my own home build 4ch amp to play mp3's and movies (4.0 surround). For playing mp3's i use surround mixer to upmix the stereo to 4.0 (choosing environments etc.), so i use/need surround mixer to create sound from the rear speakers. I would like to know if it is possible and if how to configure Virtual DJ to use the 5th and 6th channel (bass, center) as headphone monitor so that i can leave my front and rear speakers with surround mixer intact and still can enjoy surround (4.0) while watching movie.

Using SB Audigy (i guess with asio), 2.4Ghz, WinXP

ps. my apologies for crossposting this in the general discussion forum :(

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 4:44 am
No problem for the double post. We closed your topic in the General forum. But as posted you cannot have sound configuration options for demo or "other" versions. This is only available in the full version.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 5:50 am
tekniqHome userMember since 2004
thanks, of course i am aware of the fact that this sort of configuration is only possible with the full version, i read a dozen threads with replies that stated this. But as I was looking over the advanced configuration at a friend of mine, I wanted to evaluate if this quad speaker setup would be possible with my system before upgrading to the full version, hence my question.
Since I specially designed my amp and speakers for audiophille hifi surround using quad speakers, I am looking for a way to expand in the useage and enjoy it more by starting to DJ with it.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 3:49 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
if you were a ture audiophille as you calim to be, you would not be using a soundblaster card. Sorry but its just not a pro card, the siginal to noise ratio alone gives me chills.

Posted Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 12:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)