Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: what about tips&tricks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi everybody! here i can see only a problems. i don't have a problems of any kind, everything of problem i solved and right now i want to ask if anybody knows any good tip about anything with console & vdj? Right now i have a few but i need to figure out what and how to write it, but in a couple of days i'll post it.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 12:34 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well.....
one thing you must not forget
TREAD THE JOGWEELS JENTLY, AND BE THOUGH WITH THE CUE/PLAY BUTTONS.
the rest is easy.
I use the pitchsliders for volume and the knops for pitch.
that works great.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 4:27 am
That's the Spirit! Just keep it rEEl! Seriously, I think this subject is needed. Not everybody knows ALL tricks, I think :)
Example:
- if you want to have a nice continuos loop, after the scratch, you need to be with one finger on autobeat and press it emediately after stopping or to be VERY trained on the jogwheels. Not too heavy and quite helpfull if you don't have to do something else while you performing a scratch.
Maybe someone have some sugestions?

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 10:18 pm
check shaunbegley's post about setting a loop on "16 beat loop" topic.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 10:36 pm
Changing the setting on the Echo fx can make for a nice Echo out feature. change the settings accordingly.....

Change the delay to about .89 sec
Put the depth and the volume all the way up
Select the two buttons on top one is you depth and the other tells it to stop the song.

Posted Thu 14 Oct 04 @ 1:50 pm
Bought a hercules console last week thru dabs.com, £135 + delivery, 'King AWESOME!, i've played with loads of dj software in the past, and this beats most of the pro stuff for simple mp3 mixing.

All my friends are blown away by the results. Two of them are professional dj's earning a living from dj'ing alone , and they were disgusted that i could do in 10 minutes what took them 5 years to learn. Brilliant.

I cannot emphisise(!) how good this is. I'm now saving for the full license software.

Posted Sun 17 Oct 04 @ 6:09 pm
idmkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi Guys,

I'm isuru from melbourne, i've got a hercules dj console and am considering purchasing vdj2 very soon. I'm just getting into Dj'ing and thought i'd just try the product out. Just got a few questions, hopefully you guys would be able to answer them.

* I've used the Demo of vdj 2 and it seems pretty smooth. At the moment i'm using 2 CDJ's and a mixer and dont really intend on switching to any thing else immediately, but considering using mp3's aswell, as i really like to be creative with my mixes, plus i've read that sasha and john 00 fleming too are considering using mp3's and software for their sets.

How good do ya reckon VDJ is for professional use?? probably with the XP-10??

* Would i be able to Use a external mixer and use the dj console as only a controller, or soundcared?.. how do i do that??...

* and in the effects download section, is there a difference between the profesional user and home user??...as in would i be able to download all the plugins from this website if i purchase vdj??..

* Is there any way of pre listening to samples through the sampler?? without hearing it from the main output straight away?
or would i need to get the uc33e to do that?.. has anyone got the uc33e, could you let me know some of its features. i've only seen pics of it, and its difficult to findout anything about it on the net.

Thanks .. :)

Isuru.

Posted Mon 18 Oct 04 @ 9:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)