Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Shoutcast (again) ;o)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I've read the other posts on the subject of shoutcast and i still cant make head nor tail of it :D

Right, heres what i want to do.
I want to be able to connect my VDJ to another computer that is running a shoutcast server. So music is going from my PC to another PC running the server and then from that PC out to the rest of the world.
I just cant get my PC to connect to the other PC :(

I dont have winamp, do i need it?
Ive downloaded the shoutcast dsp but it wont install anywhere cos i aint got winamp and its asking for the winamp path (wont let me click next to install it elsewhere).
Ive noticed in the VDJ config settings there is a Broadcast section under the plugins tab and that has a path already in set as "C:\PROGRA~1\VIRTUA~1\dsp_sc.dll"
Now is that the shoutcast plugin already pre installed? If so how do i configure it to connect to the other PC?
If not what the heck is it?

Any help would be sweet :o)

Thanks in advance,

d00d5ter :)

Posted Sun 26 Sep 04 @ 11:07 am
Anyone???

Posted Sun 26 Sep 04 @ 3:47 pm
sussed it ;o)

Posted Sun 26 Sep 04 @ 5:50 pm
there are many shoutcast users here, sad to see none have replied yet... I dont use shoutcast, but I do at least know that
you need to install shoutcast... (install winamp too, if shoutcast demands that )

and then direct the plugin-path in vdj to the right place of HD

hopefully u will get some good replies from shoutcast users here soon ;)

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 2:18 pm
Pachtyman for security reasons your message won't appear until a moderator has reviewed it.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 5:29 pm
Cheers m8 :)

Winamp wasnt needed :)
Reason i was connecting to another computer to broadcast was A: Bandwidth reasons and B: Security reasons C:audience reasons
An analogy would be imagine the other pc to be a club where many ppl go and many ppl dj, rather than everybody have to go to lots of different places to listen to each dj they can go one place that different djs play.

However, it appears that the shoutcast plugin is pre installed in VDJ (is this correct?)
On the record tab/options i chose the broadcast over the internet button then hit start recording and voila. Up popped shoutcast awaiting server deets and password ect.

d00d5ter :)

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 7:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)