Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Anyone Want To Have A Shot At A New Camera Plugin!? [FIXED] - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The current plugin with VDJ seems to be OK for real webcams, but when used with a capture card so you can feed it a HQ Camera or Video feed the current pluging just turns the pic to mush!

I have heard of the VST video plugin, but apparently is can crash VDJ if you try to turn it back off, I don't think I like that idea!

I have also tried running the regular plugin at the lowest res my capture card (Avermedia Hybrid Cardbus) as low as it will go with no joy, it looks like every second line is messed up and far from usable.
We really do need a proper "Video In" Plugin, that I suppose would also support atandard webcams, but would also support a capture card for higher quality video, after all, who Really wants to feed a webcam image to their TV screens during a gig?

Anyone want to have a shot at this!?

Posted Sun 27 May 07 @ 8:48 am
Would have thought there was more demand for this?

Posted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 8:26 am
halo_djk wrote :
Would have thought there was more demand for this?

There is! I've been pestering for it since the flawed plugin was first added to VDJ!

Posted Mon 25 Jun 07 @ 10:49 pm
DJKproHome userMember since 2007
I have also tried running the regular plugin at the lowest res my capture card (Avermedia Hybrid Cardbus) as low as it will go with no joy, it looks like every second line is messed up and far from usable.

???

Posted Tue 03 Jul 07 @ 5:45 pm
Sounds like a deinterlacing issue. Is there a way to feed the capture card a progressive source?

Posted Sat 07 Jul 07 @ 3:34 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've got a USB video capture device that I want to use between a real CCTV camera and virtual DJ, but it won't go, so I have to physically switch the TVs between the computer and the camera (the cam is used for watching skanky girls dance all dirty on the catwalk, so as you can imagine, having this working properly is of paramount importance).

Posted Sat 18 Aug 07 @ 9:06 pm
erdiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok, now there's a new\updated plugin for cameras in vdj v5, and from cstolls manual:

''digital and regular video connected cameras can be used; with a Firewire, S-Video or Composite connection (a Video Capture card can be necessary''

i haven't tried the camera plugin yet but, from the explanation above, does this mean there's no support for USB cameras.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 5:55 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes - USB cams are supported as before -- I only stated the UPDATE info. Sorry for it not being clear.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 6:13 pm
hi i had build me a pc with 3gig cpu speed and 3gig of memory .in order for video plug in to work you need a high performance video capture card with 3d drivers. and the card has to have its own memory so it doesnt use the one from your motherboard .i use a ati radeon with 512ddr memory on the card it self .and it runs vdj.like a champ. now if you down load the plugin from pettes website.his plug in works great but thers going to be two plugins that says live feed 1 and 2 use the 2 feed. now the only trouble i had with it is that your cam has to be upside down.dont know if its on software alone.when you have the cam standing normal the video is upside down.lol vdj hasnt found problem with that there working on it.

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 8:44 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Now use the new "Camera" plugin of VirtualDJ v5.0

Posted Sun 19 Aug 07 @ 9:11 pm
erdiPRO InfinityMember since 2004
cstoll wrote :
Yes - USB cams are supported as before -- I only stated the UPDATE info. Sorry for it not being clear.

thanks and i'll give it a try soon

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 7:06 am
no problem

Posted Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 8:51 pm
I'm afraid i still get no video on ver 5. loads a black screen, when i click "Source" the screen freezes, and task manager can't even close it. I have to restart to get out. The card is a Avermedia Cardbus Hybrid. I'd be curious as to if it's just my card, or if other can get their capture cards to work with the new plugin.

My card works as a capture device within othe widndows programmes, EG Sony Vegas 7 ect.

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 12:30 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I'm not sure this has something to do with your problems, but is your version of DirectX up to date?

Posted Tue 21 Aug 07 @ 9:24 pm
Tested with a Panasonic camcorder using firewire and it works fine. Well done boys!

Posted Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 10:39 am
Yup directx x all up to date, tried a normal webcam and it does work, but if you press "Fromat" on the plugin, it brings up the "Source" window, just like pressing the "Source" button! This could just be my webcam driver, can someone else confirm what happens when you press "Format"?

Just seems my capture card may run in to high a res, as its Digital tv at HDTV res.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:14 am
Just loaded the old plugin, and noticed that the new plugin has no camera controlls (Brightness ect) or format (320x240 ect) either. if you load the old plugin, the device button selects the device, the source button allows you to set colour, contrast ect, and the format button allows you to set the captured size, ie 640x480.

It seems that the new plugin does the same thing on all three buttons in the plugin, the only catch is the first button (Device) just shows a scroller, and the other two show the video source selection in a full window, so effectivly all three buttons do the same thing!

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 9:41 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've got a Dazzle DVD Creation Station 200 (A USB Device), and when I use it with VDJ5, I get nothing at all. It's like there's no video capture device there period. With the old plugin, at least I could see the device there, but now... nothing. Should this work now?

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 5:05 am
It should, i too get a black window, if i click any of the three buttons, VDJ locks up.

Can anyone confirm that the plugin should work with Cardbus (PCMI) capture cards. I thought it didn't matter what type of capture device it is, windows just sees a capture device, no matter what format it's connected with?

Posted Sat 25 Aug 07 @ 5:41 am
Ditto, same here.

I'd like to use it, but not getting any image just a black or white window. If I use it for scratching, it works fine. Yes, I do have the camera plugin selected.

Using an off the shelf usb we cam.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 4:32 pm
95%