Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Should I get the console?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'v been using the demo version of VDJ for about 2 weeks now, and I love it! I am just wondering if its the best way to go. I have a laptop I bought just for my MP3s now I'm just trying to figure out if I shoud buy the DJ Console. What are the PROs & CONs of the Hercules DJ Console? I was also wodering if I can connect a CD Player and the laptop at the same time? Another thing i was wondering is if the console only conects to the computer with the USB cable, or do i need to use the line-out jack also?

Thanks for your help on this matter.

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 1:59 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the console works only with a usb plug.
my opinion is that the console is not a pro.ting.
maybe it's better than to buy a xp-10, or just a full version of vdj, and control it with the pc.
and yes you can plug a cd player on a console.
but i would never do that.

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 5:24 am
it all depends on you, and how you are going to use it...

Hercules is GREAT for dj practise at home, if thats the level you are at. Its GREAT for homeparties, and even for pubs.. Its not as pro as xp10, but still have a lot of advantages...

READ THE POST HERE FOR A FULL TEST OF HERCULES:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=6257

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 2:11 pm
I think it's a real great solution one home parties but still having problems with Virtual DJ 1.09 (DJ Console) that comes for free with the console kit, (http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=6841). For now there is no free 2.xx version planned for the djconsole. You have to buy the full version of Virtual DJ 2.xx too. I have mended to use time coded vinyl’s a as the best way to use Virtual DJ full on live gigs and the console on friendly party’s saving space and time on transportation.

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 3:25 pm
alicooHome userMember since 2004
depends on what u gona use it for.. i like the idea that its a sound card.. even though the bloody thing doesnt give me the full 5.1 sound that it says it gives...
i use it just to mix songs and see whether a song goes well with another... its useless for practice cos it does everythign for u... im happy with the purchase but only because i dont see it as a mixing tool...

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 9:24 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I bought the console mainly as a soundcard, and also wanted to use it for the jogs, pitch, play.

I use a powerful external mixer and mouse for the biggest part of my control.

The hercules is good for home practice, parties, gigs (if it's used for the right purpose), never depend on the console entirely at a live gig.

Also i don't reccomend you use the hercules as a mixer, unless you are a real begginer. It's best used as a soundcard/controller.

An external mixer is essential.

The hercules can do everything for you, but only if you want it too, if you ignore the waveforms in virtual dj (or wait for dj-in-norways new skin with waveform off feature) the console only acts like a basic cd player control, with a good bpm counter.

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 2:35 am
lol42PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have bought vdj 2 this morning. Before, i have some probleme with vdj 1.09. I wonder there will be no problem now. The dj console is a very good product for the price ;)

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 10:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)