Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using LineIn/Microphone with Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible? Ie i do a radio show with Virtual DJ and during when i am mixing, i want to speak to even a MC to go on the mic... is there or does Virtual DJ use the Microphone port on the DJ console or the Line in port on the console? How can I do this :)

Cheers

Chris Olver

Posted Sat 18 Sep 04 @ 2:41 pm

Posted Sat 18 Sep 04 @ 4:00 pm
@ChrisOlver

it sure is possible ;) but maybe not in console version. It is for sure possible in full version of VDJ ;)

you need to make the console "listen" to mic-in.
Right-click the alien hear (system tray) and choose mic.
There is also a function in the DJconsole that will lower music by the db you choose when you talk (talk-over), and it works great ;) you need to push the mic-knob to make the talk-over effect.. :)

ALSO, not sure, but you might have to use the mic-slider in VDJ to hear the mic... There is such features in advanced skins, but as u dont have the full version, you can not download I'm afraid.

But I use the mic and console often at home, for fun... all from talk-over to karaoke ;) lol... and it works great :)

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 2:20 pm
DJ Norway, what did u mean by:"you need to make the console "listen" to mic-in. Right-click the alien hear (system tray) and choose mic".

In stages could u tell me how I get to the section (system tray?!) which allows me to set the console to listen to mic in. I've been trying, for the past year to find a way of recording my voice and the music, through the DJ Console.

I would be very grateful.

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 9:05 pm
The GAFA: The system tray is the area at the bottom-right corner of your screen, where there is the time and a few icons... One of the icons is a green alien head. Double-click it to access the DJConsole configuration utility :)

macourteau

Posted Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 9:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)