Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Controller not detected! Cannot get it to recognise my mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a copy of "Virtual DJ Limited Edition" which came bundled with an Ion USB mixer I've bought and, no matter what I do I cannot get it to recognise the mixer. I have it all plugged in fine but when I click on the virtual dj icon I get the following error message:

The controler has not been detected. Please plug the controler and start VirtualDJ again.

The spelling mistakes aren't mine btw

The mixer itself works fine but the software won't. I've tried it with both usb slots on two different computers. I've uninstalled the software, uninstalled the mixer, plug them in and on in different orders etc etc etc

I have only had it two days and I'm strongly considering getting a refund as I think I've been sold a dud. Can't find any answers on the internet or on this website, can anyone help

cheers

Dan

Posted Wed 02 May 07 @ 10:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
does the mixer require any drivers or is it plug and play?

Posted Thu 03 May 07 @ 11:52 am
plug and play - There seems to be various comments about drivers but I spent hours searching for updated drivers for either the software or, clutching at straws, the mixer and to no success.

I'm getting really cheesed off as neither the makers of the mixer or the makers of the software have replied to my emails after 24 hours. It's not good enough. Refund and bad reviews imminent

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 12:26 am
Is this the mixer you are using?

http://ion-audio.com/icj01.php

If so, this is not a midi mixer - the usb cables to the comp are for the built in soundcards.

It is just a regular Mixer; not a Controller.

To controll the software on the screen you would need to purchase a Midi Mixer/controller.

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 12:35 am
to make the limited edition detect the mixer i suggest you reinstall it.

there are no drivers for this mixer.

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 10:54 am
No, it's the IMX02 - it is sold on the basis that you can control it with the mixer. That's the whole reason I bought it.

And I have tried reinstalling it, several times. I've also tried it on two different computers but to no avail.

Seeing as neither the makers of the software or the makers of the mixer seem in the slightest bit interested in getting it working I'm afraid it's going back.

Customer service, my backside

nice idea though I'm sure

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 9:32 pm
this is a limited free version of the sofware given out as a gift with these mixers and come with no support or downloads.

you could however try asking here
contact

Posted Fri 04 May 07 @ 10:53 pm
Might also be the fact that this is a discontinued product.

I searched for information on your model mixer, and could not find anything.

Nothing from ion-audio, nothing from Numark who is the Parent company.

I think you might be S.O.L

But try emailing Numark, see what that turns up.

Posted Sat 05 May 07 @ 8:44 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
But try emailing Numark, see what that turns up.

This is not a Numark product. Go here for support on this product - http://www.ion-audio.com/contact.php

And as skyfxl mentioned this is not a MIDI controller. It is a mixer with USB connections for sound card interface with a computer.

Not sure who sold you the good on it being a MIDI controller, but you need to go back to the vendor for mis-representing the product.

Posted Tue 08 May 07 @ 1:13 am
It's not my product there Cstoll - I don;t own it - it's this fellow with the orgioial post.

I was trying for too help this guy.

No biggie, hope he sorts it out.

Posted Tue 08 May 07 @ 5:47 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I knew that - it's not a Numark product - just making that point.

All Kewl?

Posted Tue 08 May 07 @ 12:33 pm
always - I hold no grudges.

Posted Tue 08 May 07 @ 1:54 pm
This is not a Numark post , but i will leave my message here for others in future .
I recently had an issue with my Numark controller where it was working perfectly and then after 2 days Virtual DJ Pro was unable to detect it .
The reason for this to happen was related to an upgrade to my USB drivers that i made in that time .
Best way to solve this issue was removing USB drivers controllers and install the original ones from brand website (motherboard / Laptop brand ).
So , if in future any of you have a issue like this , keep in mind that if you upgraded recently your USB drivers then that is probably the cause .
In other occasions before , upgrade a driver means low response from controller , where basically a command on 1 deck like a backspin on 1 deck would affect other deck speed currently working normally .

Posted Wed 30 Nov 16 @ 4:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)