Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: shortcut key?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

How can I go about creating a shortcut key for the "Automix" button please?Thanks.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 11:48 pm
In the VirtualDJ settings dialog, choose the tab called "Keyboard shortcuts". There, click "Add...". Then, in the window that appears, select "playlist" in the first list, and "automix" in the second list. Finally, press the key you want to assign this shortcut to (on your keyboard). Press OK. Press OK to close the settings dialog.

From now on, you just have to press that key on the keyboard to activate automix :)

macourteau

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 12:04 am
Can I ask why I have to select "playlist" first?I want to know what I am doing becuase I intend to create as many shortcuts for as many features as possible if I should buy this product,thanks.

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 12:16 am
If you select playlist, you will see only the actions associated with the playlist. Other items contain functions for other parts of the software, and the item "all" shows all shortcuts that you can assign.

Also, a very powerful function in VirtualDJ, is the fact that you can assign more than one shortcut per key. This means that, as an example, you can have a shortcut that goes to the first cue in the song, starts playing the song, and sets an 8-beat loop... This is just one example, but there are MANY possibilities with all these actions :) Simply create more than one shortcut, all assigned to the same letter. They will be executed in the order you enter them.

macourteau

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 12:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)