Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "Search" function questions please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am ashamed to ask this question but how do you use this "search" funtion please?I typed in a name of a song in the search box,hit enter on my keyboard and nothing happens,help?

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 9:34 pm
Did you scan your harddrive? VirtualDJ will scan through all files it has in it's database, but you must scan your harddrive first. To do this, select "Database", and right-click it. Then, select "Scan HD". Choose which drive you want to scan, and select the appropriate options.

Once this is complete, click "Database" to show all the songs in your library, and the list will update as you type the name of the song you are searching for (you do not need to press enter).

Hope this helps,

macourteau

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 9:39 pm
Thank you very much,that was it.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 10:47 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You don't have to to type "enter". You only have to type a few letters and the result apperas, filtered with these letters.

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 3:52 am
I see this only works when you have a folder with it's songs displayed in the center panel but is there a way to search for a song from "any" folder in your HD?

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 11:51 am
If you select the first item ("Database") and not a folder, you will be able to search through all the songs in your library (not only the ones from a certain folder).

macourteau

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 11:53 am
got it,thanks again!

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 2:01 pm
It's a pleasure to help :)

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 4:45 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have experienced the same problem. Just last weekend I was doing a party and tried to search for an artist. Got nothing. Rescanned the database and got what I was looking for. This happened to me three times that night. Each time I had to rescan the database in order to find what I was looking for. I wonder why this is happening.

Posted Sun 19 Sep 04 @ 12:10 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
bogart: are you sure, you did the search in the "database" window, not in one of your "favourite" folders?

Posted Sun 19 Sep 04 @ 12:18 pm
there is a problem that the database "looses" songs.. I have had that problem too....
I rescan my harddrive before every gig...

hopefully it will be fixed

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 2:05 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I find myself re-scanning my hard drive many times durring a gig.

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 4:06 pm
djnan2PRO InfinityMember since 2004
This is a serios problem when I used atomix I just scan the hard drive once...now with virtual I have to do it every time I want to use the searc..why?

Posted Tue 21 Sep 04 @ 9:35 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Exon: Yes I was in the database when I did the search. I have also had problems where the database becomes corrupt and won't load. I generally rescan before doing an event so as to start fresh

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 11:33 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't think you need to re-scan every time you do a search. I generally re-scann my drive (200 gigger, 26,000 files) after a few sorts, or if I leave the database view and then come back. I believe that if you stay withing the database view without doing a sort then no new scan will be required. (maybe)

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 2:46 pm
I never re-scanned my harddrive in many months, and I had no database problems...

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 4:24 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hum, that's strange than, I also have never noticed any problems with "missing" tracks. Could be the size of database problem (with having lots of files scanned)?

Posted Wed 22 Sep 04 @ 5:33 pm
i think its for sure related to the size of database...

with a small database, I had no such problems...and never had to re-scan

but with about 10-12.000 songs in my database now, the problem is there.... and re-scan is needed, often

Posted Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 1:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)