Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Autobeatmatching songs with "Intro's" and "out-tro's"?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,I downloaded the demo version and tried it out with just the 4 songs that come with it,what I noticed with one of the songs "Love all the hurt away" whcih has a very long intro before the first beat is that the song when used as an incoming song does not start on a beat,after the last beat of the existing song has been heard,you have to wait until the intro will finish before you hear the first beat of the incoming song.
I'd like to ask if there is a way to tweak this in the options or config that will have all songs with intro's and outtro's start and end on a beat please?Thanks.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 4:18 pm
Maybe you should read the manual, no?

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 7:21 am
Listen up guy,just by looking at your name I should leave you alone but I am only responding to your remark so others on this forum will know what time it is.
Before I experiment with any software I always read the manual at LEAST 2 times to familiarize myself with it and I always print out the manual as this makes it easier,this case it was 51 pages,anyway sometimes I don't understand certain things in the manual and it is ONLY then that I ask for help OR sometimes I might understand something but will still try to see if there is an easier way,isn't this the purpose of a forum,to help one another in finding the best and easiest way to do something?
Instead of pointing your finger at me when you are obviously "clueless",wouldn't your time used in writing that remark be better used in trying to help me?

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 12:03 pm
dont worry about EvilpartofMe... his reply is NOT representative for this forum...

You are welcome to ask ANY question, and the users here will help you out in the best way possible ;)

thats what this forum is all about .... :) and happy to see ya around :)

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 12:15 pm
and the help/reply... :

there are many songs that have long intros, and dj's often want to "skip" the long intro, and start the song on the bass/drum beat of the song when mixing...

This is called CUEING.. listen to the songs intro, and stop it when its at the first beat u want to use. You can nudge with jogwheels/vinyl at skin, and find the EXACT positon you want to use. Then press CUE.. this will save that postion for that song, even when you un-load the song, so that you will have the cue info there next time you play it.

In pratical terms... when song1 is playing at deck1, and you want to use that song with the long intro on deck2, what you need to do is press GO TO CUE1 (look in skin, its different from skin to skin) - and the song2 will skip to that cue-point you have saved...
Press SYNC and it will start play in beat with song1, and use crossfader to mix...

(a basic mix, you can of course do more advanced mixing when you progress your dj skills. You might even read the MIXING LESSON part of VDJ forum, for more mixing tips)

Hope that was what u where asking for... :) there is no AUTOMATIC mode for it, after all you are the dj ;)

if it was not, and you are talking about AUTOMIX feature (where the program is the "dj" and not you), and if there is a way to set the songs to start/stop at beats, and not playing the intro/outro, there is also a way to do this :)

I dont use the Automix feature much, so if your question was about automix, just tell, and I'm sure some of the automix users are happy to help ;)

happy mixing

dj in norway

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 12:22 pm
Really appreciate the help DJNorway,I am familiar with beatmatching techniques,I am no pro but I have been playing music for some 33 years or so.You are correct,I am seeking more "Automation" than "manual" and I do understand that this is a "dj" software but in the same way that it can "Automix",I am seeking to go a little further.Simply put,I do not have much time to spend behind the laptop anymore so I am looking for 2 basic things
1]To have a program "on it's own" load song after song that's in the playlist like the way you have the "Automix" playlist set up.

2]BUT,to have those songs "Autobeatmatched",like when using the "Automix" button.

So I guess a "mixture" of your Automix playlist and using the Automix button is what I need somehow for my purpose,everything points to me buying this software but I want to explore every possiblity before purchasing.

According to the instructions given to manually edit the BPM info of every song,this will take some doing for a few thousand songs so I am looking for an easier way,if you or anyone else could give me any tips on how to get even close to numbers 1 and 2 above,this will be great!

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 1:49 pm
Sorry guys,I put the info above in the wrong thread,please excuse it,so hre's my reply.I am familair with cue points but was hoping that the software would have been able to detect the first and last beats of a song and mix from there when using the "Automix" button,thing is,I play a lot of "Disco" music [late 60's-early 80s] and those songs especially the 70's usually come with either an intro or outro or both and I like to hear them so if I set cue points on the beat,I will not be able to hear those in and outtros.

I would love to hear the full ins and outs of every song BUT have the beat of the incoming song kick off on the beat of the outgoing song while still hearing the outtro until it finishes,same with the intro of the next incoming song and so on,anyone come with a way to do this or something close?

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 1:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)