Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: editing the parser file to display id3 tag info?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ttolnayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I downloaded a file called parser.cpp and I don't really know what to do with it? Help!!!! I don't need to have any additional data fields displayed...Virtual dj's Title/Author/Bpm/Length/Comment fields are all I really need....but, I would like to make it so that the id3 tag's "comment" is displayed under the comment column, rather than virtual dj's internal database comment. Is that possible? It's just easier to "mass edit" id3-comments with an mp3 editing program...plus, I just like to know that these comments are permanently affixed to my files (in case my compuer crashes and I have to reinstall virtual dj etc.) Thanks...Tom

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 1:51 am
It's not possible to edit the comment field from the parser... This is part of the database and it can't be changed by the parser.

However, I made an application (available in the add-ons section, to full version owners only) that lets you import the id3tag comments to your database.

I definitely recommend upgrading to the full version, as it provides many more features, along with great support from the community :)

macourteau

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 1:58 am
Thank You...I am actually a full user...I purchased the hercules console which included virtual dj a few months ago...I still have the box, reciept, install disc etc. I couln't find the serial# anywhere amongst that stuff...so I just logged on as a non-registered member....I'll have to find that # somewhere....could it be somewhere on the box or in the manual?

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 2:08 am
nevermind....I see what I need to do. I have the console connected to my laptop....I need to switch it to this computer and then click "console detection".....thanks again...Tom

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 2:16 am
O.K. ---I just installed the Hercules on this computer. I clicked "modify my profile" and my console was recognised---yet, this website is still considering me a "no-licence" user. Then I tried to re-register, and it told me I was registered already and please don't create multiple accounts....What do I need to do to prove that I payed for this product? Ahhh

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 3:16 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you payed for the hercules console.
not for vdj.
this is a kind of trail with no bugs or limmits.
you have to buy the full version for al kind of downloads here.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 6:01 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The id3 Tag parser available in add-ons can display id3 tag comments with the author in the column author.

But you need a professional version to download it.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 7:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)