Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: "lock" the fader...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi people :).

I just wrote a more detailed post but as my version of internet explorer isn't stable i lost it, damn it!. nevermind.

Is their anyway to actually "lock" the fader in the software to neutral rather than just "putting" the fader to neutral?.

From what i've gathered it's not possible, but want to know for sure.

The console mapper doesn't allow the function to be re-mapped..

Thanks, bagpuss

Posted Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 1:37 pm
If it is not possible, surely it would be a worth while new feature...?

Especially as i use vdj+hercules+external mixer.

The fader goes all over the place when you use the jogs.

Which is something you really dont need!.

Posted Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 8:32 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi bagpus..
I tink you can delete the crossfaderfunction in the mapper.
so that you can't use it anymore.
don't know if thats what you want.

good luck.....

Posted Sun 12 Sep 04 @ 6:23 am
vadeHome userMember since 2004
I'm very interested to buy the full version but... really in the mixer mode you can't disable the fader on the Console?
Is there an alternative way (software) to disable fader, volume and tone regulation?

Posted Wed 15 Sep 04 @ 12:06 am
Well i've tried many ways to disable functions on the hercules but it's not possible unless their are disable or on, off options on the various functions...

Here is my dilema:

Want to use jogs but the cossfader is too close and is in a likely position to get moved, it does.

Every time the eq on the bass, mid and hi get moved on the console (they move too easily), it overrides the software and can have a devastating affect on the mix.

As these functions can't be mapped it would make much sense that in the software you could disable mixing functions (for external mixer users), i.e crossfader, eq, kills, etc...

Posted Wed 15 Sep 04 @ 2:11 pm
There's no way to lock dhe crosfader by the software, because it is not a button. The only way to disable the crosfader is to cut the red wire of the crosfader inside the console hardware opening it. It does'n afect any function on the program. The crosfader can be controlled with the mouse, keyboard shortcuts or in auto mixing mode (not ever so necesary). I think this is the best way.

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 2:37 pm
you can use midi mapper ...
and map all the functions you need, but leave the crossfader out (not mapped).

That will disable the crossfader ;)

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 2:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)