Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using an external MP3 Player/iPod

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering - is there any way I could use my mp3 player as a music source instead of copying my music to my hard drive?

I have a 30GB Creative Jukebox Zen NX which uses Creative Mediasource Organizer to play the songs on the player. It does not display itself as a local drive on my laptop, but needs to be accessed through its own software.

Can I set VDJ to access and play these songs for me? I know it's a long shot, but it would be so very nice if it did... Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Ray

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 9:03 pm
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes you certainly should be able to do it. Maybe a third party external drive driver will work. After all, the player is really a glorified hard drive. My advice is to go to a hard drive manufacturers site and download their external hard drive driver and see if it works.

Try the plextor or freecom sites as they make their own external drives.

It may be a long shot but it would definately work if you can a generic driver. My external drive (plextor) needed a driver for it to be recognised by windows.

Unfortunatley I have not got one of these players so I cannot test but as all hard drives are basically the same, any driver for an external device should work. Try the driver for the plextor p708 external DVD Drive - it should recognise it.

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 10:09 pm
Cool - will give that a try and get back to you. Any more ideas anyone, please feel free.

Thanks Sparky

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 11:37 pm
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes let me know 'cos then I'll get a Zen player too.....

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 11:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)