Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any Ideas How To Score Some Freestyle Videos??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Looking for some freestyle videos,ie Stevie b,Sweet Sensation,Trinere Ect........Already get Promo Only,not to much with them.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 8:36 am
KregCZPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I wrote Promo Only several times asking for some freestyle videos, they never replied.
You can try ETV classic videos, they have some of those freestyle hits on their compulations.
I don't know if they are still around or even have a web address, but you can sometimes find them on e-bay.
Also there is a new service for DVD's out there called "screen play" http://www.screenplayinc.com/vjpro/
They are owened buy one of the former guys from ETV

Good luck! let me know if you find anything

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 8:49 am
1. Screenplay vjpro in not a new service. They have been around for a few year already. I agree they are great. But don't have many freestyle videos for now.

2. I recently heard that ETV was purchase by Promo Only. If this is true, I would have to guess that promo will eventually release the freestyle videos as a hot video classic dvd.
Dj Angel S

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 4:15 pm

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 5:55 pm
Sorry Angel S,
I meant to say that Screenplay is a video service that is an alternative to Promo Only;
And that it is starting to become very popular with VDJs.

They started in 2002/2003 right?

They have some great compilations!

That would be great if Promo Only was granted the license for all the ETV videos.
But they already have the licenses for so many great videos from 2000 to 2003 stopped making and selling them.

I use to work with the ETV VHS Videos back in the late 80s up till the mid 90s but dropped off the video scene up until almost 3 years ago.
The club I worked at had (by 1995) around 8000 videos on ETV VHS; I wish I could get my hands on those!
Back then I think they were paying between $100 to $150 per Cassette for like 30 videos.

Around 2004 I looked around a lot of places and could only find Promo Only for DVDs and was disappointed with their back stock of videos.
I wish they did their 80s like they did their 90s putting a DVD out for each year.
They also have to do several more best-of disks.
They're sleeping on all that 1999-2003 videos that many of us need to have.
The Freestyle hits is just 1 of several genres they are not doing a good job with.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 6:10 pm
Manquin,

Thanks for the info.
I'm not that impressed with VM Exchange
But I really like that Mixmash page.

Think I'm gonna do some shopping right now.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 6:16 pm
VMS has a serie called vj tools I bought some last year , they are mostly urban music like hip hop and rob base in remix versions, although video effects are not cool like promo only the image and sound are fair enough, if promo only bought etv videos I hope they rise the volume that the original dvds had.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 6:45 pm
Please beware of VMS/ VMExchange.
I have purchase a yearly subscription to vj tools and have not received any product since Jan 07. They have not been answering any calls since then. I don't know what is going on but it does not look to good for them. The word is that they are being shut down.
In regards to the quality of the videos they are not as good as Promo Only and Screenplay.
In regards to MIX Mash I have read good things about them but I can speak about the quality because it is not available in the US.
DJ Angel S

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 6:55 pm
Well, I just bought some dvds but I didn't pay for the whole year, I did it when they were vmsmedia still and now VMExchange got it.

Posted Fri 23 Mar 07 @ 6:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)