Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Still having problems with version 1.09

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I still have the problem that sometimes when I drag a song on a deck, the other playing song is stuttering, like someone is hitting the cd player.

I noticed that the problem mostly occurs with version 1.09, but when I use an external USB drive the problem is with all other versions.

I have tried to figure out if some adjusting in Windows XP, or adjusting in VDJ could help out, but after two weeks I give up.

I tried other programs like Mixvibes and Traktor, and they don't have the problem, the music just keeps running fine.

I have read other posts about this problem before.

Does anybody know if there is going to be a fix for this, or will there be a new DJconsole version?

For me using VDJ is useless now, i cant record a mix, and I certainly can't use it on a party.

I like VDJ a lot, but having this problem I have to try to find another program for mixing.

If someone things I am doing something wrong, please tell me, but I have had this problem for a long time, have read another post about it, have tried to looks at settings, tweak XP settings, adjust process priorities. None of them helped, so I am pretty sure it is a problem in the software.

greetings,

Bart

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 8:35 pm

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 9:08 pm
I just installed this version, it sais 0 days left.
I can only test for 2 minutes or so... then the program exits.

i have tried to test within this 2 minute range, so far no problems, but to give you a good test result i need to test for a longer period.

grtx,
Bart

Posted Sun 05 Sep 04 @ 9:30 pm
How much ram do you have and how much is being used when running VDJ?

Maybe your Ram is full and the your computer is having to use the hard disk as virtual memory? This would have a dramatoc affect on system performance.

Might be worth check the fragmentation level of your hard disk to.

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 6:01 pm
Hi Digimixer,

My laptop cycles at 2Gigaherz, with it's Pentium 4 muscles, it's IQ is 224MB Ram, and it is educated with Windows XP Pro.

I use a External 160 Gb harddrive(USB 2 supported)

problem is the most with the external disk, but it also occurs with my internal HD.

virtual_dj.exe 100% CPU, memuse 12,5 MB
PageFile 250MB

problem seems not to occur with VDJ version 2 (needs further testing but i don't have the sofwtware)

also tested wih Traktor demo, did not have the problem either,
same for Mixvibes

I really prefer to use VDJ, just because i like the program so much.

Looking forward to a fix/patch

grtx,
Bart

Posted Thu 09 Sep 04 @ 9:52 pm
just tried Traktor 2.53

but it's just a joke

- ASIO did't work
- jog dials can't control the deck
- no light control on the DJconsole

so i still use VDJ wich has the problem that it skips the music while dragging music on the other deck.

Are there any developers reading my posts at all????

Bart

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 9:16 pm
I would suggest getting more RAM. Windows XP takes a lot of RAM by itself, and VirtualDJ too needs a lot of RAM to run properly. This might be where the problem lies, because if Windows starts caching files to disk (because the RAM is full), VirtualDJ (and all other programs, including Windows) will inevitably lag.

macourteau

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 9:36 pm
Hi,
I got IBM thinkpad X31 1,4 ghz centrino CPU, 768 MB ram
, hercules DJ cons, windows XP sp1 and now so2 and don't understand how You can get 100% cpu usage from vdj.

Sometimes VDJ crashes, sometimes closes without any message, sometime it beggins to hang a keep playing the same 1-2 seconds again and again. But the last mentioned problem I can reproduce ...

When I am playing a long (300 minute mp3 set) on one deck and I skip a big time interval. Music outpt cycles,
first time I made panic and after 10 seconds a rebooted my pc, because even ctrl alt del doesnt help. The next time (at home) it made the same thing, but I was waiting about 20-40 seconds and the programme came back to life. It just needed to read ahead and skip to the selected time....

As I remember long time ago I had sometimes a skip while dropping a new song. Please try to set the
max load not to NEVER

Posted Sun 19 Sep 04 @ 7:00 am
I have the same stuttering :s

P4 2,4 GHZ
512 MB DDRRAM
CPU Usage 97%

You aint tellin me that its my computer ;) and it also aint the USB limit of my DJ Console.
I think its just a flaw in the program, no problems whatsoever with any other dj program. Will try version 2 to see if skipping stays...

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 6:44 pm
I have the same stuttering :s

P4 2,4 GHZ
512 MB DDRRAM
CPU Usage 97%

You aint tellin me that its my computer ;) and it also aint the USB limit of my DJ Console.
I think its just a flaw in the program, no problems whatsoever with any other dj program. Will try version 2 to see if skipping stays...

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 6:45 pm
Yes, there is a problem with Virtual DJ 1.09 (DJ Console).

P4 2.4 GHZ
256 Ram

After tested for a few days. I formated the Hard Drive, reinstalled Windows XP, Disabled Norton Norton Antivirus, not any other program installed. 65% of pysical memory free. The problem is still present. Draging a song on a deck when the other is playin, CPU usage goes 100% until the song is being loaded. When playing a track more than 10 minutes, CPU usage stays 100% all the time because the program loads peaces of the track every moment it's being played. Trayied the trial version 2.0 and the problem is not so evident, the song loads faster and no skip on the other deck. I don't think it whas intended by Virtual DJ devolpers. If no, It's a bug in the program. But what are we gona do with the console if there is no upgrade avalible for download. I think, that is intented. It's serious. Is there any responsability of two companies VDJ and Hercules on their products?

Posted Fri 24 Sep 04 @ 4:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)