Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Time Coded CD use possible with Console ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi ...

i'm getting 2 Pioneer CDJ 800 CD desks next month and i am wondering if it is possible to use the DJ Console as a 'professional ASIO soundcard having several line-in inputs' (as mentioned in the description for setting up the time coded Vinyl) ?
I also have a Creative Labs Augigy LS built in my computer but as far as i know this has only one line-in.
Maybe its possible to use the Console in combination with the Creative Labs soundcard ?
Anyone who can tell me if this might be working somehow ?

Posted Wed 01 Sep 04 @ 2:16 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
With that set-up it will indeed work with the timecode....

you need two line in's, and you can use two seperate soundcards no problem.., inluding the hercules and the audigy.., just set it up as you would using the two sound cards like you would with channels on the mixer...

all should be fine...

enjoy the pionner cdj's, good choice :)

Posted Wed 01 Sep 04 @ 11:30 pm
Yes they are really a cool ! Cant wait until i get my hands on them!! ;)

If i use 2 different soundcards how do i avoid having different latencies ? Or isnt that important when working with the time-coding signal via CD? I remember that i was trying to do pc-djing some years ago with one soundcard 'on board' and an additional one i later built in. I always had enormous problems with getting them in synch...

Posted Thu 02 Sep 04 @ 4:40 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
As I haven't tried it yet I can't say for sure, but you will need both of the soundcards you mentioned.., and my prediction is that there wont be a latency problem.

But the best person here to ask on that for you is
"dj in norway", as he has tried the timecode cd's with the hercules in conjunction with the audigy, which is a conincidence, but he also tried it on the cdj1000's at the club he works.

sure he'll help when he sees this post..

p.s how much are you paying for the cdj's?

Posted Thu 02 Sep 04 @ 2:28 pm
Then lets hope Mr.Norway passes by this thread in sometime .. :)

I found a very good offer for the CDJ's 800. There they only cost 564€ each!!

Posted Thu 02 Sep 04 @ 9:02 pm
hi sharan...

I have only tried once, with 2 Pioneer cdj1000 decks, and I used to Soundblaster cards in that test setup...

Think it will work good with Hercules as well.. :)

As long as its 2 new soundcards, I dont think you have to worry about latencies, as new soundcards seems to be the same, only difference being if they use windows wmd or asio..
So I dont think u need to worry about that.. ;)

I plan to do a more extensive test with timecode CD's and Pioneer decks, just haven't gotten around to it yet... sorry

Posted Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 8:38 am
Thx for the info! Keep us updated! :)

Posted Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 4:23 pm
good day everyone,

I have vdj 3.1 running through my laptop with an indigo dj card. But a friend of mine the other night was spinning with this rane software/hardware that made his cdj 1000's operate with these time coded cd's in conjuction with the laptop. What would I need to make my cdj-1000's function with virtual dj 3.1 because ultimately I would love to integrate the two together. I hope this is possible becuase I don't want to give up using vdj.

Thanks,

Brownman Int'l

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 4:18 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 5:00 pm
as far as the time coded cd's how would i obtain them or where can I download the file to burn them at home?

Thanks

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 7:40 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 8:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)