Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What should I check next..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I’ve been trying to fix this all night ,,,…
I turn on my desktop PC the video screen reads select F4 to enter raid utility,,, then proceeds to a black screen and just hangs there… doesn’t bring up the usual intel logo screen just blackness…
I tried pressing F4 same thing happens….. Also with F8..
I hade what seemed to be a bad power connection goes directly to the mother board that was keeping me from getting any video.. Switched the adapter and this is what I’m left with….
What should I check next..

Thanks

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 10:59 am
paulettecerra wrote :
I’ve been trying to fix this all night ,,,…
What should I check next..

Thanks

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 3:27 pm
Can you <del> to go into the Bios?

Are you getting any beep codes?

Have you checked all memory and boards are seated properly?

I would think about getting the mobo manual and doing a clear cmos, then re-entering all your settings.

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 3:42 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
heya dude check in bios for reset to factory defualt settings

if this fails remove your bios battery

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 3:45 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
pull the battery off the mohterboard for a few minutes and then put it back on. Try again.

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 3:45 pm
TopHouse wrote :
Can you <del> to go into the Bios?

Are you getting any beep codes?

Have you checked all memory and boards are seated properly?

I would think about getting the mobo manual and doing a clear cmos, then re-entering all your settings.

The boot doesn’t get that far .. I turn on my desktop PC the video screen reads select F4 to enter raid utility,,, then proceeds to a black screen and just hangs there… doesn’t bring up the usual intel logo screen just blackness…

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:00 pm
skyfxl wrote :
heya dude check in bios for reset to factory defualt settings

if this fails remove your bios battery

I try removing the battery... disconnecting hard drive, cpu, memmory, all cables,, reconnected them and nstill the same..
Without the memmory I do get a Beeping....

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:04 pm
TopHouse wrote :

could the board or cpu gone bad??

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:07 pm
I would'nt think it's the CPU or you would get beeps. As it is is doesn't seem to be posting properly. Ignore the advice above for the moment re removing cmos battery. Get hold of the manual for the board, if you don't have it, look on the manufacturers website for a copy. What you need to find is the "clear cmos" jumper. You need to disconnect ALL (remove power plug from wall socket) power from the board before you do this.

If you dont find a manual. Disconect all power, look on the board for 3 pins in a row with a jumper joining two of them, like this o-o o Sometimes you are lucky and the jumper identifies itself by being white instead of the usual black. Usually it will say in very small letters "cmos" or "clear cmos" now with all power removed, you need to move the jumper so it joins the other two pins, ie the middle one and the one it isnt currently connected to. Leave it there for 30 seconds then put it back how it was. Then power the system back up again.

You only use the "remove battery" advice above if you have a board with no "clear cmos" jumper.

The above will revert the board to all factory default settings so you will have to enter your bios and re-enter cpu settings etc after you have done it.

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:21 pm
I found the CLR mose,, no jumper on the three pins

This is the manual ftp://download.intel.com/design/motherbd/bk/D1406501.pdf

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:41 pm
The only thing the manual talks about is the cmos sram and battery and what it is,, nothing on resetting..

Will i need to remove the cpu aswell???

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 6:56 pm
v
On the board ,,, 0 0 0
clr cmos

Above the 3rd pin is a arrow pointing at the down at it…
Should I join the 2nd and 3rd.. ???

Posted Fri 02 Mar 07 @ 7:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)