Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Thanks.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello Virtual DJ Team,
Firstly I Would like to thankyou for updating my version of Virtual DJ.
Also I have a question and am looking for information to help me resolve the problem.
When I bought the Virtual DJ Software it was supplied with the Hercules Mix Controller.
When I am DJ'ing I use my own mixer and everytime I need to use the software I am prompted to connect the Hercules Controller. I find this quite awkward mixing on both units. If I accidently touch the jog shuttle dial on the Hercules Mix Controller, I get a scratching sound from the jog shuttle and this does not sound good whilst playing a bit of dancing queen. Is there any way that I can use the software without having the Hercules mixer connected.
I am new to DJ'ing on my Laptop/PC and any information you could kindly supply would be of great help to me. I have mainly mixed my music via my CD Collection and Vinyl. I must admit though I find it a lot easier via my Laptop and PC as I can find a track in seconds rather than searching through my CD Collections.
Many Thanks.
Paul Nash

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:37 am

hi there...

Its kinda the other way around, you bought the Hercules console, and got a free version of VDJ with that. The version that comes for free, with the console, has a couple of limitations, and one being that it can only be used with the console. Its locked to the hardware, since its free.. Or else, anyone could use it.

I dont think its possible to disconnect the controller part either, but you can try. Go to controller setting in VDJ, and see if you can uncheck the Hercules as a controller (only use it as soundcard).

If not, the only possible way, would be to upgrade to the pro version, that has no limitations what so ever.

As Hercules owner, you are entiteled to a discount, if you want to upgrade:
http://www.virtualdj.com/purchase/discount.html

Hope that helps;)

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 1:45 am
Thankyou very much. I will give it a go. I may consider an upgrade in the future if it does not work. I do have DJPC RED on my systems at the moment which I bought from Phase One DJ shop. However I do also like the Virtual DJ Software and It would be beneficial for me to have two good DJ progams installed in case PCDJ Red fails whilst I am DJing.
Many Thanks again.
Paul Nash.

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 2:01 am
You could move the controller out of harms way, or cover it with a custom box.

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 6:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)