Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The most solid setup for VDJ.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Alright guys here it is..... I have tried many and fournd this to be the most solid setup for VDJ

VDJ 1.09 (until 2.01 is bugless, crashes if u try to use multiple soundcards)
& an Echo Indigo DJ cardbus for laptop.

This soundcard is a breeze to install and with windows xp you can just plug and play. The card has 2 physical outputs and up to 8 virtual outputs. Using a small console window you can input up to 8 sources and put them throught whichever of the 2 outputs you like. However for virtual dj all you will need is one side running to the mixer or house board, and you will plug your headphone into the other. Fire up the console, then VDJ, under the configuration you can choose 2 cards and set your main output to Indigo 1-2 and your headphones to Indigo 3-4 (When you buy and install, it will make sense.) This is a fully capable soundcard people, and a badass one at that. I have had no crashes, and never a problem with sound, ever!

http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/CardBus/IndigoDJ/index.php

Posted Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 3:25 am
nice to hear you found a great setup for u Dj_Mikey_C ;)

about "..until 2.01 is bugless, crashes if u try to use multiple soundcards.."

Thats just not true, at least not for many users..
Timecode vinyls/cd users have 2 soundcard, so do I..
Dont have any problems ;)

Maybe we could help you run 2.01 without problems too, if u told us a bit more, because I can honestly tell u my experience is that VDJ 2.01 is the smoothest version ever:
- starts faster
- works better
- never had a crash (really!)

and the features of VDJ 2.01 should also be of interest ;)

But I'm sure we can find your problem w/ 2 soundcards if u like...

happy mixing ;)

Posted Fri 27 Aug 04 @ 2:01 pm
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Please help me to understand why anyone would use the soundcard out for a headphone connection over using the one on the mixer.

Thank you,

Posted Wed 01 Sep 04 @ 1:16 pm
can't help you on that.. lol ;)

I for sure would use the headphone out on MIXER ... if u are connected to external mixer...
the only way to hear what u are doing... ;)

Posted Wed 01 Sep 04 @ 1:40 pm
If you use the vDJ crossfader to mix, the only benefit of using an external mixer is to provide proper sound levels to your headphone since an external mixer will have a headphone amp.

The IndigoDJ card has a built in amp with volume knob... although I wouldn't be a big fan of even touching the sound device while playing to a packed floor.

However, you could set the card's amp to max and use a skin with headphone volume control or map a keybaord shortkut in vDJ to control the headphone level.

Posted Fri 03 Sep 04 @ 2:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)