Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: history.txt file

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place in the forum but:

I have a question about the history.txt file which is made in virtualDJ's home folder under program files.

It looks like it only writes the played files to this file after virtualDJ is just down. Why can't it be written to this file each time a new song is loaded on a desk ?

It would be cool, if this was possible, that way other software can read out this text file and use info about the current playing songs. Is it possible atomix to put this in the next release of virtualdj ? (direct writing of playing songs to history.txt instead of writing the played files to history.txt on exit of virtualdj)

May i ask why you made this history.txt file there ? It that for anonymous user statistics or... ?

thx,

B.

Posted Tue 24 Aug 04 @ 8:37 pm
guriHome userMember since 2005
This is a great idea, please put this in the next release! It will be fine to see in some txt file what is "playing now" and "next". VirtualDJ is the greatest DJ software I've ever used. Keep up the good work!

Posted Thu 24 Feb 05 @ 9:13 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys;

This file is intersting to remember what tracks you played.
I don't really understand why you need to have them written "live".

Playlists are also saved as .m3u files but at the exit of the program.

Dont't forget that sometimes when you load a track you can still change your mind a few seconds before the mix and load another one instead. This time you don't have interest to have this track written in your history file.

Clax

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 3:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)