Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Wait, wait wait... I'm confused on somethng...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

K, lets say i'm playing sexy back on the left, and i'm scratching the next song oon the right. Whats the VDJ way of beatmatching, and scratching the song in?? Lets say the next song is "welcome to jam rock" (K, a little extreme beat difference , but still for my point) and you want to match the two songs bpms, without messing the pitch.....

Can you match the bpm, pitch, then scratch it in, and have it match without having damien marley sounding like a mouse??? (lololol)

Posted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 8:17 am
dude master tempo only goes so far......that exsample in one that will never sound good in a live situation without effects. Thats a track you would throw in, or echo out the sexy back track & throw in the jam rock track.

Posted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 9:08 am
Hehe. I would never play that mix live, I was just saying those 2 songs for an example, cause I know they are complete opposites in BPM terms. Ok, lets say I wanna mix sexy back, and candy shop - 50 cent. A little closer in range. how does it work?? I can sync the 50 song to JT's, then scratch in 50? would the pitch be off like vinyl, or is there a master tempo with scratch?

Posted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 7:16 pm
skillaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Not sure if this will help or is it's what you mean, but when I use master tempo and scratch (with the Herc MKII ) it tries to sync back up if (when) the scratch is off. It sounds terrible IMO.

Hope that helps

Posted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 9:04 pm
first of all, you would never "beatmatch" a 98bpm song to a 117bpm song. period. the example of a 91bpm song and 117bpm song is even more ridiculous. now you might play them back to back, but you would not want to try and beatmatch them, at all. you would bring the next song in some creative way, such as wind power down on sexy back and drop in 50 cent when it reaches around 98bpm. still, pretty ridiculous post if you ask me.

Posted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 10:05 pm
Not ridiculous,

just thinking back to when I had my denon 5000s, I could do this (Of course, it had that digital cd player scratch sound, not authentic at all)

But one thing I used to like to do when I would go from house music to hip hop or rock, or vice versa, is ..... hmm, how should I explain this.

__________edit_____________

eh, never mind i'll figure it out when I get it setup.

Posted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 11:13 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Beatmix no, but you could scratch over the playing deck and release into a complete cut.

Posted Fri 16 Feb 07 @ 11:36 pm
DME-CEOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
this program doesn't releive the DJ of just that, being a DJ...... just my .02, you can do whatever you'd like but like he said the program does it part us as DJ's still have to do ours :)

Posted Sat 17 Feb 07 @ 6:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)