Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Will pcdj's dac2 controller work with hercules, virtualdj,and a external mixer?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

agerardPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Will pcdj's dac2 controller work with hercules dj contoller , virtualdj, and a external mixer? If so can I override the hercules dj controller with pcdj's dac2 controller? Thanks for any input on this . When you talk to the people at pcdj , they (really, really) down grade hurcules.

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 7:46 pm
Please dont double post the same question

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 8:18 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yes you can set up your system like this

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 9:01 pm
"...they (really, really) down grade hurcules...."

maybe they want to sell their own controller ;)

hercules is a lot more than dac... its an all-in-one entry level mixer, dual jogwheel and dual deck controll, with pitch, eq knobs and the lot ;) not saying that dac is bad, its a traditional remote.. not having for example those cool jogwheels at hercules for nudge and even scratch (w/ full version of vdj)

its maybe not the most proffesionall equipment out there, but it still a lot of fun, good use, and great for practise and even smaller gigs... :)

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 9:10 pm
I have been experimenting with Hercules now for about 3 weeks, but as talked about on these forums , it certainly does have its limitations. As professional Dj's, we all know we really have to add to Hercules and a laptop to play out in the public as a full time job. That's why I am trying to piece together the right ingredients here. Since I'm already trying Hercules, we all know that the controls are too close together and not rugged enough to do the real deal. So I figured using an external mixer, Hercules as the sound card, the Dac2 from Pcdj as the controller, and of course purchasing the full version of virtualdj as the software. I also would like to hook up a dual Cd controller as back up in case of freeze up. Hopefully this all will work. Once again, any input on this would be wonderfully appreciated. Thanks again, Edmund

Posted Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 12:03 am
agerad...
that sounds great... ;)
would add the possibilites for using the jogwheels at hercules for nudge, maybe even scratch (basic scratches)... (dont think dac2 supports that, not sure)

Getting xp10 is also maybe a solution for u? depends on what u want, but a thing to consider to get instead of dac2..

using external mixer is a must, and if u are going for dual cd-players, consider getting ones that have nudge (or maybe even scratch) jogwheels, then u can use timecode cd's at the cd players to controll vdj (play/stop/cue/loop/pitch etc)
they might cost some more that a cheaper dual deck basic cd player..

and it can of course also be used to play regular cd's (backup)

and get the vdj software for sure.. ;)

dj in norway

Posted Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 2:29 am
Hello djnorway, I beleive your name is Rune. I spoke with you maybe a month ago , and you have been very helpful with regards to this set up. I will not be doing any type of scratching , and I will not be needing any jog wheel . That's why I order the DAC2 controller from PCDJ. I hope this will work with that and I will not need a chip inside to make it happen. I am very interest in the timecode using cd's . Can you tell me more? I mentioned before I live on the east coast of the US. There is probably a 6 hour different from where you are. It's midnight here . Hopefully somehow tomorrow(Monday) we may chat. By the way did you know about the huge Dj Expo in Atlantic City , NJ. this week . I will attend this Tuesday and Thursday of this week, along with some of my partners in my entertainment company. There will be Dj's from all around the world there. It's a shame you can't come. Talk to you soon. God bless you and all the members of the forum and virtualdj.

Posted Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 4:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)