Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I finally got it !!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I got my MK2 and Numark DXM-09 working together. After many weeks of cursing and scouring the forums for information, I got it by, drum roll please.............the owner's manual. That's right, the good ole' owner's manual. I had the connections right, but I could not record. I was using my Numark crossfader to transition from Deck A to Deck B. It was only recording Deck A. So, I found a important piece of information on pg. 23 of the manual.

In the "record file config" page, I was using "master". I needed to use "line in". So, I quickly got a rca on one end and mini-jack on the other and plugged the rca's in the back of my Numark's record out into my soundcard's line in. Then, it gave me another window to the right of "line in" and I had other options to choose from, such as, mic, aux, mixer and others. So, I chose mixer.

In the sound card page I chose:

Inputs, none
Outputs, headphones
Soundcard, MK2

Then checked the MK2 setup page, locked the Xfader on deck A and chose "external mixer". And to my amazement, I was up and running. Phew, it took some time, but I got it. Thanks to all that helped me.

DJ Syberman

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 8:01 am
Oh, I forgot one more important thing. I had to go to my soundcard's config window and lower the slider on Line in. My mixes sounded distorted, almost to the point where it sounded as if I had blowen the speakers. But after I adjustment, the recording sound great. No problems.

DJ Syberman

Posted Tue 13 Feb 07 @ 8:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)