Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Experiences with Traktor MIDI presets ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, anyone also uses Traktor DJ Studio 2 and has tried to get the MIDI presets (Hercules Website) for it working ?
Especially prelistening with headphones isnt working for me. Very nice is that this way the console finally supports ASIO which gives a brilliant sound and the latency is only 4ms!!
Hope VDJ offers a similar performance soon, i would very much be looking forward to it!

Greetz

Posted Sat 21 Aug 04 @ 8:10 am
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ehm.. maybe is not good that you ask infos on the VDJ forum about Traktor, its direct opponent :)

But, as a DJ Console user I can say that Hercules' MIDI preset for Traktor works, even if it has its limitations.

And finally, i think that the prelistening on headphones doesn't work because of the Traktor "acecrack" you probably use ;) ...same thing if you try with the "acecrack" with VDJ...

Ciao!! :)

Posted Sat 21 Aug 04 @ 9:12 am
Well, i'm not using any 'ace' crack and i really dont care what program i use as long as it offers me brilliant sound quality and it works properly.

The DJ Console really got a high potential which isnt nearly used yet. Unfortunately Hercules seems not to be very interested in supporting software companies who develop applications for it. Somehow the console was born as a dead child ... quite sad actually.

I like mixing with VDJ and i really got used to it, so that i wouldnt like changing to another program. I can also understand the VDJ crew who probably gets quite annoyed by all those Console users complaining all the time in this forum.
I checked today on Hercules website and couldnt find their support forum online anymore. Guess they had good reasons to remove it.

Once VDJ fixes that ASIO driver feature (not really sure if its not a problem of the hercules driver though) i would immediately purchase the full version of it. Seems to me ASIO offers better sound quality and much lower latency than what VDJ can do right now.
Maybe i also take the next step and buy some nice cd mixers like Pioneer CDJ800 :)

Posted Sat 21 Aug 04 @ 11:35 am
hi sharan...

Hercules have said themself that there is a problem with their asio driver, and it will be fixed from the Hercules side.

Having said that, asio driver seem to work ok for me now, with full version of VDJ 2.01 and Hercules (but haven't tried it that much, as the directx drivers seem to work as good)

When it comes to PRELISTEN with headphone, that works PERFECTLY in FULL version of VDJ ;) U can prelisten at headset output at console, and choose if Hercules should have one or two stereo outputs (for external mixer)

It works really well!! ;)

So, if u need a dj-program, choose VDJ! ;) really!! look at the price, and think about the fact that VDJ gives u FREE updates and upgrades!!! wow... Buying Traktor, well, u gotta buy it again when a new version comes around.. thats sad.

And also look at VDJ where it is now, in only a year!!! again, wow!! ;) its well up there with the other dj-software in a year, the others have been around for 3-4 years.. got timecode, so you can even use VDJ with timecoded cd's, and those Pioneer cdj800 players controlling the software ;) and guess what, that timecode is FREE... now, what other dj software would give out the timecode for free? ;) I really love the software here, and the sprit of the company ...

and also - VDJ team seem to be VERY connected to forum, and listen to all feedback and requests.. so if there are reasonable requests for new features, they always seem to come around... that unique ;)

hope to see ya as a member ;)

dj in norway

Posted Sat 21 Aug 04 @ 1:05 pm
I finally bought the full version of VDJ today! Unfortunately i havent been able to use it yet , because i get that 'Protection Error 48' due to previously installed VDJ versions. E-supports advice didnt work. I wrote them again tonight and hope they can fix that problem soon, so that after purchasing the program i'm not in a worse position than before.

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 10:18 pm
WELCOME SHARAN ;) nice to see you bought vdj, and welcome as a full user...

e-service advice should fix your problem...
see if they have a new advice for u :) dont worry...
stay cool ..hehe

Posted Mon 23 Aug 04 @ 10:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)