Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: music's volume seems to fluctuate

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

agerardPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am using Hercules dj console , virtual dj software that came with it , and powered speakers. I am new at pcdjing, but I have had a dj company for several years now, using cd's. When I play my mp3's through Hercules , virtual dj software , laptop, and speakers , the volume of the songs appear to fluctuate slightly in their volume. (up and down). Any ideas ? Am I doing something stupid I am not aware of ? Either on the software or the dj console. Thanks so for your input. Edmund

Posted Sat 21 Aug 04 @ 3:42 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
this is probably due to the internal limiter, if you have the software gain up too much this effect can be caused. i surgest running at about -0.4, and using auto gain. the limiter can be turned off aswell however the songs that were changing in volume before will sound distorted

Posted Sat 21 Aug 04 @ 7:26 am
I had the same problem when i first started. whats happening is since the hercules is a sound card of its own your computer is using two sound cards. go to the setup menu then go to the sound configuration. chose the advance setup. Chose the hercules as your primary card. then you have to set up each speaker to both the decks. this way the hercules is the only sound card being used at the time.

Posted Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 5:57 am
u might wanna try the default soundcard solution.. :)

also, I have experienced this from having BAD cables..
the connection to amp, or soundcard, or the cable itself can be "broken"... even the usb cable..

Posted Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 3:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)