Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MK2 problem with 'mix' mode on headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to see if anyone could help me regarding the Hercules MK2 USB.

I've been using a friend's MK2 with Virtual DJ (4.1, I THINK) and all but one thing works fine:-

You know the switch on the front which controls what you hear in the headphones has four modes -
Deck A, Deck B, Mix and Split. The 1st, 2nd and 4th modes work fine.
However, when I try to use Mix I only hear what is playing through the crossfader, ie. if I have a track playing on both decks but I have the crossfader to the left, I only hear that deck in the headphones; if I have it to the right, I only hear that side, when I should be able to hear both tracks playing in the 'phones regardless of the crossfader position.

Does anyone know how to fix this or why it happens?

Sorry if this question has already been answered, I looked through the help sections but couldn't find the answer.

Thanks

Posted Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 5:00 pm
NO in mix mode you hear both IF the crossfader is in the middle, if you go to the left you WILL only hear the left deck and if you go all the way to the right you will only hear the right deck.

Deck A: Deck A
Deck B: Deck B
Mix: Hear what is in either deck depending where fader is located
Split: Hear both decks in phones at all times

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 2:49 am
Surely somethings not right because the only way I can hear both tunes in the mix is if the crossfader is in the middle + both volume faders are up, whereas if I was using my decks and a regular mixer I could move my headphones cue to the centre to hear both tracks in the mix before I actually fade the next tune in.

Cheers for the reply, anyway.

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 9:12 pm
MHansenPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I’m confident it works as it suppose to.
The Split mode (Deck A: Left side, Deck B: right side of the headphone) is the only way to monitor both decks at the same time, without shifting the cross fader from its outer positions.
The Mix mode is meant for you to “hear the mix” as a monitor for the sound playing in the speakers.

Regards

Mads

Posted Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 12:17 am
you will need a external mixer w/ 2 chanells 1 for your main and the other for your cue
hook up your headphone to the external mixer and use the cue buttoms on the mixer to hear both player
on the headphone use the headphone swicht buttom on the mk2 to hear the player that is not on the main channel example player 1 is going to the main turn the knob on the mk2 to the position on
player 2. make shure your select on the sound card the headphone and speaker configuration.

Posted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 9:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)