Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ver. 4.2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thanks to all that helped me connect my MK2 and Numark DXM-09 mixer together. I am experiencing some technical issues. First is, when I have Deck A playing and moving my Numark crossfader to Deck B, I sometimes do not hear music out of Deck B. The other is when I have the crossfader on Deck B and I load a song on Deck A, I lose sound of the song that's playing on Deck B. I have opened the MK2 configuration and I have checked or clicked on "use external mixer." But this does not stay yellow all the time. I repeatily have to go back and check this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Syberman

Posted Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 8:56 am
Mk2 with Soundcard??

Posted Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 12:04 pm
Yeah, MK2 with soundcard. Also, I sometimes have to use headphones not external mixer in VDJ setup. It's really wierd.

Syberman

Posted Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 1:05 pm
Channel 1&2 master
Channel 3&4 Headphones

Open VDJ Setting - Soundcard - output channels.. Select correct cannel setup

Posted Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 1:15 pm
Hi, I already have the same setup and it still does not work. I'm going to remove VDJ and MK2 and re-install. Hopefully it will work.

Syberman

Posted Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 8:22 pm
try setting up mk2 without the mix first and use the headphone on the controller...

Updates mapper..
DirextX..

Posted Thu 01 Feb 07 @ 8:57 pm
First thing to do is go into the MK2 control panel and under Advanced select "Use External Mixer" Now on the MK2 select Deck B with your headphone selector. Go into VDJ Config to sound setup and select:
Input: None
Output: External Mixer
S. Card: DJ Console
Output Channel: Left Deck: Chan 1&2 Right Deck: Chan 3&4

This will now allow you to use your external mixer to cue and play, but remember to make sure the Main crossfader is in the middle in VDJ.
For video I just click on the preview boxes to transition between A and B and I uncheck Linked Crossfaders.
Hope this helps some.

Posted Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 12:09 am
thanks everyone for the responses. I un-installed VDJ and MK2. After the re-install, I had the same problem. Discobrian 24, I have the same setup as you mentioned. Anyway, I had no luck but I stumbled upon something. I have my headphone on MK2 on Deck B. Ok, as a song is playing on Deck A and I move the crossfader on my Numark to Deck B, no problem. Now, the Numark crossfader is on Deck B and the song is playing with no problems. When I load a song on Deck A, I lose the sound on the song that's playing on Deck B. I still have the wave form scrolling on my screen and my Numark is recognizing a song is playing on Deck B.

What I did was I moved the headphone selector on the MK2 to Deck A and then to Deck B as the song is playing. I get my sound back on the song that's playing on Deck B. Also, when I am loading a song on Deck A, I do not lose any sound. Everything works properly. The fix was right under my nose, litterally, haha. Anyway, I hope other users can benifit from this. And agian thanks to everyone's help. This is why VDJ is #1

DJ Syberman

Posted Fri 02 Feb 07 @ 6:33 pm
Glad to see you got this sorted out. Just gotta make sure that the Crossfader in VDJ is in the center and it is not linked to the video crossfader if using videos. If you want to use automix you need to Re-Link the crossfader in VDJ and set your mixers Crossfader in the middle and hit automix, just remember to change it back when you will be mixing.

Posted Sat 03 Feb 07 @ 2:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)