Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: FAO: DJ Rick - 1 Soundcard 1 Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Quote by DJ Rick:
"I use a laptop to work 3-5 times every week (work = DJ) in bars and clubs. I simply use the single on board headphone output from the sound card. I plug in a stereo splitter. (a cable with a headphone type mini jack on one end, and 2 rca connectors on the other end)
I plug the headphone jack into the laptop's output, then on the other end, I use a Y splitter to split each of the single rca jacks to 2 rca jacks. I then plug these 2 y-split ends into 2 seperate channels on my mixer. You get mono output, but in most bars, having a full stereo output won't make a difference anyway due to speaker configuration.
Then in your sound configuration options, select the single sound card, and the mixer."

Please can you explain how to configure this correctly?

When I do this, I am getting sound from the left deck in Channel's 1 and 2,

also getting sound from right deck in Channel's 1 and 2 :(

What version were you using this with? I have downloaded the latest trial version, but will not buy unless I can get this working!

Posted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 12:31 pm
If all it is you have to do is choose a different setting in the sound card setup in vdj, you'll have to buy the software. You can't choose different sound card setting other then the default in the trial.

Posted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 1:10 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The ability to split your output into 2 seperate channels is not available in the trial version. It will work beautifully when you purchase the full version.

Posted Sun 15 Aug 04 @ 1:49 pm
mr gPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, this is my first message there, and i have many questions :
I found a vestax cheap mix table - did not buy it yet ! (don't have too much money :), i run vdj 2.06 on my laptop with one soundcard...
I see what is meaning there about stereo splitter, but if there's the stereo splitter plugged in the soundcard, where do i plug the headphones ? is this working if they are plugged in the mix table (i'm completly newbie, i said !, and have never used a mix table with a computer... Please help me to see more clear so i can run to buy my vestax !
The most important thing i wait from the mix table is pre listening ability and more common controls !
Thanx
Mr G

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 8:07 am
Plug your headphones to your mixer and plug the output of your spiltter to two different channels.
Welcome aboard mr g!
Andre

Posted Tue 22 Feb 05 @ 10:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)