Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: GAPS IN SOUND WHILE TRACKS ARE PLAYING (O.o)!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

i have been using VirtualDJ 2.0 and Hercules DJconsole in several places during the latest weeks but it happens every time the same: the sound sudelly stops for a while and restart again.

It is just a short moment, but, as far as happens several times during the night, everybody realises that something is going wrong.

I have a laptop: Pentium IV - 3Ghz with 1Gb RAM and Win.XP, which is a powerful enough machine go softly with hard processing stuff. Any way, I have removed all antiviruses, firewall, mesengers and other unnecesary background applications.

The OS was set to give priority to programs and no frills.

Any one knows how to solve this sound gap problem?

Armand

PD. By the moment the unexpected loop at the end of traks problems that i had seems to be solved, GREAT! ( ^_____^)

Posted Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 12:51 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Is it the same without the console?

Posted Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 2:29 pm
Hi Kaleo,

without the console i will only have one sound card and i don´t know if it is possible to test it.

I´m gona try and see what happens... ( ¬.¬)...

Armand

Posted Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 3:09 pm
also check IRQ settings...
See if usb controllers (where Hercules connect) are not shared.. can cause small "blanks", skips in sound

Posted Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 3:45 pm
it seems you are right Kaleo and probably is something related with the Hercules. Because seems to work properly without it, and keep on happening when is connected.

I did not find the way to confirm if the USB is shared with other devices.

My path was in my Win.XP.Home Edition was:
Control Panel >System >Hardware >Device Administrator >USB.

It is there where this configuration information about USB should be DJ-in-Norway?

Armand

Posted Fri 13 Aug 04 @ 9:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)