Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Important information for Canadian DJ's

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Promo Only Canada has launched a Audio download store.

www.pods.ca

Here's how it works.

Download the software (similar to Napster/iTunes)

Purchase "credits"

1 credit = $1.90
25 credits = $29.75
100 credits = $109.00
250 credits = $247.50
500 credits = $475.00
1000 credits = $890.00

The Higher number of "credits" you buy the cheaper the per/song download

Here's the nice part.

All songs have AVLA approval written into the ID3 tags. So everything is on the up and up for Downloading and burning and ripping onto DJ systems (If you are like me and use a seperate computer that does not go online for DJ'ing)

The file exentions are not MP3 or WMA it something called EPM but there is a cd burn engine built into the software. So basically Very similar to iTunes or NApster only these are approved by AVLA

LET THE DOWNLOADING BEGIN!!!!!!!

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

P.S.
Video isn't up YET. According to the very helpfull sales rep I spoke to on the phone; It's in the works.
I hope it doesn't take as long to get video downloads as the Toronto Maple leafs take to win the Stanley Cup!!!

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 9:59 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
Promo Only Canada has launched a Audio download store.

www.pods.ca

Sorry wrote the worng address down.

www.podds.ca

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 10:17 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can you even play these files in virtual DJ without the trouble of burning and re-ripping the CDs? That part is a pain in the ass. Also, how would you get the file from your internet computer to your DJ system and still maintain your license?

Posted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 7:06 pm
They have an export feature...so you can export your song into WMA it works great...all the tag infor is there.

DI dont use anything else

Posted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 11:29 pm
Also the avla watermark is embeded in the id3 tag so that even if you burn it to cd and ripp it afterwards, as long as you write the track text you're good to go.

but you MUST burn from the shell program

It's very similar to iTunes

Posted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 1:22 am
I talked with AVLA this morning about purchaseing a licence; Turns out that IF YOU USE PODDS AND ONLY PODDS for your music source then you DO NOT REQUIRE a DIGITAL DJ AVLA LICENCE.

Turns out you are already paying for it, or rather PROMO ONLY is paying for it and including it in the price of downloading.

One would only reqire a licence for using store bought cd's, etc, the traditional sources.

The website address is in the above messages, That is certainly good news for me.

Oh yes; According to AVLA You're not technically allowed to use iTunes music as it's not licenceed by AVLA but they are cognisant that DJ's are going to use every source at their disposal

And Technically DJ's Are not allowed to copy music subcrition CD's onto a hard drive even though they are licenced by AVLA; however again they understand the difference between the real world and legal world.

So far a good day, and well worth the price of a long distance telephone call.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Tue 27 Feb 07 @ 5:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)