Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I hope this is more clear

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, here goes. I have a Hercules MK2 DJ console, Numark DXM-09 mixer and I am using Virtual DJ as my mixing software. OK, I want to emulate my MK2 as my turntables and utilize my Numark as my mixer. Also, I want to use my desktop speakers as my primary speakers to hear music that I am playing and use headphones to hear next song that I will play. I have the connections as follows:

From the Numark mixer, ch1 and ch3 inputs to ch1/2 and ch3/4 output to my MK2 using the red and white rca cables.

From the Numark mixer, Master out to line in (on the back of my sound card in my computer tower) I am using rca, red and white on one end and mini-jack on the other end.

Now, I bought a good pair of Kiplisch (sp) desktop speakers with a subwoofer, 2.1 setup. Anyway, I have a mini-jack cable coming out from my desktop speakers. How and where do I connect it? Where does it go? I want to also record my mixes and I have a record out in back of the Numark. But where do I plug it in on my computer soundcard? I should also tell you I have a 5.1 sound card. Can I plug in three mini-jacks to one card? One Master, One booth and One record out.? And when I purchased the MK2, I had to install the VDJ 3.4 version. I already have the 4.2 pro version. Which do I use? I cannot use the headphone on the 4.2, why? Also I cannot use may skins on the 4.2. It gives me a error message that says "cannot use, line 10 missing" How can I resolve this.

Thanks for being so paitent and reading this.

Syberman

Syberman

Posted Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 9:19 am
You've got lots of options Syberman! :)

My advice would be plug the two separate outputs from the hurcules into two channels of the mixer, so then you can just ignore all the mixer features on the hurcules.

then just plug your speakers into the output from the numark mixer. I guess you'll need an adapter plug that turns the mini-jack on your speakers into a double phono plug that you can plug into the back of your mixer, but apart from that i think you'll be all set!

Posted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 4:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)