Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Drag & Drop mp3 files from Taskbar seems to be causing general error often

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

New user to this software, testing it out, and I am impressed with the majority but a little problem I seem to be having...

Rather than using the method for selecting files within VirtualDJ I prefer to use drag and drop from Windows folders on the desktop, this is fine the majority of times, but quite often I get a "General Error" appearing, and moreso...

the program will freeze up totally!

Anyone any ideas?

Posted Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 1:30 am
i'm not sure.. but there has been posts about vdj not liking certain folders because of the new Windows security with these folders..

these folders are :
-SYSTEM
-DESKTOP
-WINDOWS and sub directories
(inc my documents etc)

Move your mp3 to others like « c:My Documents », « c:My Music » for example. And dont keep them on desktop

there is a problem scanning mp3's for these folders, and that might cause the problem

hope that helps this problem :)

Posted Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 1:55 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I used to do like you but now that I've tested VDJ so long I prefer to drag songs from VDJ browser. It's very simple and useful; especially with the database.

In my case I rename my songs like this:
-----------------------------------------
Author - Title (Version ... Remix ...) {Year}
or
Author - Title [Movie_name]{Year}
-----------------------------------------

By this way you go to the database with VDJ (make sure to rescan your database (no need to extended analysis) each time you changed a file name), and write :

- "199" -> You get all the songs of the 90's
- "Ties" -> You get all the Tiesto songs included his mixes
- "Rocky" -> You get all songs from the movie "Rocky"

The recurse option is useful too.

Clax

Posted Wed 11 Aug 04 @ 7:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)