Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: please help!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i know this question has been answered like a million times but i cant find any good information on how to do what i wanna do. i just bought the new pioneer djm 400 with two of the brand new cdj800mk2. alllot of dj here in chicago are using serato and i heard vdj can be used in the same way. what do i need to complete this example what kind of soundcard what kind of cables and what kind of hardware cause serato uses something that looks like a lil black box can someone either respond or post a link to this information if its already been posted

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 3:40 am
thanks man where in the states can i buy that soundcard or whatever its called, another question is i just got an ibook mac for xmas also cause i wanted that cause i see any real dj uses mac not a pc. is vdj mac compatable?

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 4:11 am
That's a big controversy here in the forums, the whole mac v pc stuff. If you don't load your PC with crap, keep it off the internet, and only use it for earning money with VDJ it'll run and operate just fine.

I have a small form factor desktop PC loaded into a rack case that i use in the nightclub I resident at. Also I use it for mobiles. (though few and far between). Works fantastic , the only time it crashed was the fault of the nut behind the wheel - not anything to do with the hardware or software.

I might Also suggest you worry more about your own stuff rather than any othe supposed "real" DJ. If you get payed and the club hires you back again and again guess what? You're a REAL DJ.

Worry about your pocketbook. Let the Ho's worry about your image

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 4:25 am
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
I might Also suggest you worry more about your own stuff rather than any other supposed "real" DJ. If you get payed and the club hires you back again and again guess what? You're a REAL DJ.

Worry about your pocketbook. Let the Ho's worry about your image

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

couldnt of said it better myself ;)

*do search on yahoo>shopping or google>froogle and it'll show you places to buy as well as a price comparison

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 5:05 am
They are working on a Mac version now. The release has not been announced yet, but from what I here, it should go to beta shortly. Now shortly could mean a lot of things, just know they are working on it. In the mean time, try not to insult us DJ's that use a PC. At the moment, you are asking us for help.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 7:01 am
im sorry for any misinterpration of real dj, simply meant for production and now seems for mixin a mac is the way to go. but forgot which one of you said once u get a paid gig at a club then ur a real dj and let the hoes make u one haha i did a 45 min fill in at a club here in chicago and must say i have like 6 girls in 45 min ask omg are u the new dj so man ur so right on that. so allot of u prob know about serato is vdj really better for live applications. and i know they have time coded vinyl but what bout time coded cds that i can use with my cdjs.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 8:50 am
I DJ in Chicago.....Your right about the MAC thing. Its coming for VDJ soon! (i hope)

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 9:06 am

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 9:09 am
DJ3454Home userMember since 2006
I'm sorry bout this but why u bout the cdj 800 if u wanted to work on computer :s man a lot of DJ's dream of that booth just to express there self on cd's and quit ( not toatally ) from the Digi :S sorry bout that again but i dont understand why u paid for 2000 or more doallrs just to plug on computer

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 4:57 pm

I use CDJ800 with timecode CD, Pioneer DJM 600 mixer and Virtual DJ

why you ask?

- Because VDJ gives me a far faster and better sorting of music, far faster search for track, and that makes me have lot more time to focus on dancefloor, mixing etc.

Also, its far easier to get mp3s from such stores as BeatPort, Traxsource etc, where you buy the cool tracks you want, than to get loads and loads of CDs just for one or two good songs on each...

Also, VDJ gives some EXTRA to the setup, such as amazing VST effects, seamless loop, live sampler etc

So heck yeah... using CDJ800 with VDJ is amazing ;)

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 6:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)