Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Dj will not play now??

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BladeyHome userMember since 2007
Hi Guys, I have just upgraded my computer with a nice sound card - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1, I have installed it and it seems to be working fine with other applications, but when I try and use Virtual dj a message pops up saying "error in the sound driver of Directx" I can still go in to the software, bring my tracks up and load them in but nothing happens, play wont work or anything??
Is it because I havent unistalled my audio drivers that I used with my computer before I installed my new sound card, if so then how do I do it??????

Many Thanks
Chris

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:59 pm

Its because you have choosen wrong soundcard or soundcard settings in soundcard options in VDJ.
Go there, and choose your new soundcard....

Hope to see you as a full pro user soon, if you like the software ;)

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:01 pm
Thanks, I have done that, all is working but I now have another problem, when I play the other deck, the music comes straight out even though the faders are down, also I still cant listen to the track I want to mix in through my headphones while the other track is playing through my computer speakers, I have just upgraded to a good sound card to solve this, but it still wont work???

I love this software and I will definatly be purchasing the full version soon, as long as I can get everything working how I want it.

Thanks for your time, much appreciated

Regards
Chris

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 11:39 pm

In soundcard setting, choose output to SPEAKER + HEADSET

That way the channel 1 out will be main sound out, and rear out will be prelisten ;)

That should work.

If not, go to windows sound control (windows control pannel), and set it to surround speakers

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 12:22 am
I had a look in the sound card setting, but there wasn't one for speaker + headset, the list was headphones or 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1

I went into windows control panel and changed it to surround speakers but no joy either, the mixer controls in Virtual Dj work ok now after I set windows to 5.1 surround sound, which is strange as I only have 2.1.

I dont know, this is driving me crazy, I shall have another play tomorrow!!!

Thank You

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 1:03 am
Your soundcard settings in virtual should be something similar to:

INPUTS: NONE

OUTPUT: HEADPHONES

SOUNDCARDS: 4.1 (or 5.1, 7.1)

Output Channels: Master: Front / Headphones: Rear

Mykel

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 1:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what version are you using?

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 1:34 pm
Mykel, I have tried the setting you suggested but still no joy, I am using the 20 day demo version, I think it's the 4.2, I will probebly get the full version if I can sort this out.

Is there anything else it could be?

Thanks Guys

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 5:36 pm

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 6:34 pm
Just installed the latest update, still no joy, do you think it might be because I am using the demo version as to why I cant get this to work???

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 7:25 pm
your card

just a little tweak we can try

download www.asio4all.com (asio 4 all )

then install it

then in soundcard config choose "asio"
press asio settings and choose your card in the asio for all list :) right click on it and press enable
close this window then choose
and then headphone mode

does it work now :)?

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 7:45 pm
Hi Skyfxl, I have downloaded asio and installed it, where do I find soundcard config on my computer???

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 8:15 pm
its on the virtual dj

on options > sound config

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 8:19 pm
There is no sound config on options with this demo?

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 8:39 pm

If it does not work, you need to go to Windows Control Pannel

Locate "Sound and Sound Devices"
Set speakers to surround

Also, check your Soundcards control pannel, and see if there is something that is needed to turn on, to have surround sound, like "stero mode" vs "5.1 mode"

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 9:04 pm
Skyfxl you are a legend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I restarted my computer, went back in to sound setup in Virtual Dj, then sound cards and the ASIO DRIVER was there, it wasn't when I looked before, so I selected it, then went in to ASIO config and selected my soundcard, as soon as I did this the output channels box changed to - Master :Chan 1&2/Headphones 3&4, so I plugged my master in to channel 1 and my headphones in channel 3 at the rear. IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant thank you enough, now I can really start to enjoy this amazing software, I shall be purchasing the full version when I get paid.

Big thanks to everyone who took the time out to help me on this one, I really appreciate it.

Kind Regards
Chris

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 10:30 pm
your welcome glad to hear its working

hope to see u with us soon =)

Posted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 10:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)