Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Automtic video transition doesn't turn 100%

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way to adjust the video crossfader to pan over 100% to the other player when used in auto mode(meaning that you click to turn on the transition you want to use and when you press start the video also pans - NOT LOCKED MODE). Mine only pans about 75% of the way automatically. Can the speed also be adjusted via the xml file? I have no problem working in xml just need to know if that's where I'll find the 2 configurations... or is it in the software? It's cool to use but I need it to pan 100% because when I touch my midi video xfader it bounces back to the last video for a quick second... very anoying!

Funkmasterfrank

Posted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 4:08 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
There are two automatic video transitions:
* when you click on the video preview on the skin ( full crossfade on left click, other preview on right deck and speed change on double click) => manual fade
* when you activate the transition plugin (75% /25% related to select deck) => to use with timecode vinyl in general (to auto-detect transition)

Currently you can't change the speed of fade (it's internal to VirtualDJ) but indeed why not add the value in the Windows registry

Posted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 4:28 pm
In the auto mode, it will go the other 25 percent, when the previous video stops.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 5:56 pm
I think it would make a lot more sense if you could make it go all the way accross automatically by highlighting the transition.

Alot of the transitions (spiral, wipe, etc) look strange stopped at 75%, it's pretty much only the satalite transition that loooks good stopped in the middle

Would be cleaver if the right video crossfade behaviour could be part of the transition code, or even selected by the user. :)

Posted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 2:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)