Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Any news about microphone and BCD2000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

teeoHome userMember since 2006
Any news about microphone and BCD2000?

I have to get this to work before I buy this excellent software?

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 3:08 am
ASIO input is required for the mic to work through BCD2000, VDJ does not support ASIO on mic in. So right now, it won't work..

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 11:26 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the main issue lies with a bad asio driver suplied by beringer

the bcd is being replaced by a new version soon
fixing many hardware and software issues , will aslo have many improvments

the bcd is fine if you simply wish to use it as a controler and is an "ok" soundcard

but some proformance issues ocur for some users due to bad work on the part of beringer :-(

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 12:43 pm
tanziPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Sorry Sky, but Behringers Asio-Drivers could be the best on earth. As long as VDJ does not support mic trough Asio there will be no way to get BCD-mic <-> VDJ.

So i think it's a little too easy to say all problems are on behringers side.

Shure there are some problems in behringers drivers but maybe you (or anyone who always say it's only Behringers fault) can explain me why we all had no problems with BCD and VDJ 3.4?
There was no change in Behriners drivers since 3.4 and even with Miditranslator and Yoke running in background it was rockstable. I never had a crash with this configuration. Most of the problems started with VDJ 4.x. If there would be a 3.4 with the same (much better) soundengine from 4.x i would downgrade instantly.

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 2:08 pm
it depends on cases , some people have had great sucess with 4.+

it depends on what config and spec they have

have you checked dj quintanas blog its a gold mine of tips to improve bcd proformance?

give it a shot might help :)

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 2:14 pm
I've read dj quintanas blog, but I didn't find anything about microphones there ;)

I also get a little confused here, is it a VDJ or Behringer problem?

The mic works fine in other software.

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 3:27 pm
i think its a bit of both

and i belive it is being looked into

but the main culprit if beringer in this

from what iv read and from the experiances of bcd users who posted here

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 3:30 pm

In VDJ the mic works in WDM mode (direct sound mode), but not in ASIO mode as Paulhau said.

VDJ does not (yet) support ASIO mics

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 5:58 pm
sounds like a good new feature to ask for then PualHau

Posted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 6:01 pm
Quote :
it depends on cases , some people have had great sucess with 4.+

that's true, but as you said: only some of the BCD Users have no problems now. Most of us had no problems running 3.4. If you look at the treads depending problems with BCD <-> VDJ you will see most of them started with V4.x.

Nevertheless, VDJ 4.x has a much better soundengine and for me the handling seems to be a little more intuitive. So i won't go back to the older version especially because i now know what to do NOT ... to work with 4.x stable ;)

Quintanas summary is indeed really good but as long as VDJ will not support mic trough WDM you will find no solution for this problem on his side (or any other)

Greeting from germany and a happy new year for you all
Tanzi

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 2:40 pm
skyfxl wrote :
sounds like a good new feature to ask for then PaulHeu
I brought it up when we were still on v3.4. But no one ever listens to me here.. ;)

and yes.. I WAS KIDDING HERE!!

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 6:56 pm
Hmm, can anyone give me a straight answer on if there will be a solution for this?

- Is anyone working on a solution?

I did use a Herc DJ Console earlier for my weekly radioshow, and had latency trouble with that console.
I now have bought the BCD2000 and found this very good, but unfortunately the microphone-trouble stops me from using it LIVE on the radioshow.

I need confirmation on this will be fixed very soon, before I buy Virtual DJ.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 10:16 am
"straight answer " Hehehehehe ,,,,, Folks here are too long winded for a straight answer ... Good luck... I'm Waiting for some streat infore to.

To much Gibber Gabber :)

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 12:50 pm
You want a quick answer depending on mic with BCD<->VDJ:

Here it is: If you need mic, don't buy VDJ.

You won't get any answers here depending BCD very quick. Except the announcement of "full and native" support for BCD wich came a "little to early" as we all know ;) I'm not very good in looking into the future but we are now waiting for mic trough asio nearly a year and nothing happend. I don't think we will get a solution for this problem very soon as VDJ says it's on Behringer to write new drivers.

Problem is: beringers drivers for mic trough asio are working, its VDJs lack not supporting them.

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 1:10 pm
Dam things like a hot potato..

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 2:16 pm
its beeing replaced soon by a new unit with new hardware improvments and new features

waiting for info on it

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 2:37 pm
What is beeing replaced, the BCD2000?

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 3:14 pm
yes , there will be a new bcd

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 3:16 pm
So I did a BIG mistake buying the BCD2000 and hope for it to work with VDJ?

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 3:34 pm
nah , the bcd will work just great as a controler / general soundcard for timecodes ect

vdj just need to add the asio mic in :) (if you want to use the bcds mic) in asio

its just that it wont be sold it much longer thats all i was saying:)

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 3:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)