Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Loops

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What ever happened to a simple 4-8-16 beat loop?

Going to use an older song as 50 Cent - Just A Lil Bit

Put it in 3.4 and slide up to the first beat. Click 8 beat loop. DONE Perfect seamless loop.

Put it in 4.* slide up to the first beat... Hit "SMART" and try to get a seamless loop. Imfriggenpossible. Try to do it manually and spend forever getting it just right. Seems to me certain things are still better in 3.4?

Also noticed a goofy "slide to the beat" when hitting Shift-Space. I honestly preferred the lock and load method for quick transitions. This can leave me in a train wreck if I'm trying to run up and slide in the next song...

Not mixing videos.. but here's my computer's stats anyhow...

1.83Ghz Duo Core
2 Gigs of ram
256 Meg dedicated video card
120 Gig H/D

Posted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 9:30 am
No one? Seems to me, more people are having problems with the upgrade than not. Only problem is, they are slowly pulling skins/plugins from the site for 3.** versions.

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you can do a seamless loop by pressing 8

:-)

what excatly is happening which isnt right ?

Posted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 11:08 pm
i think he means in 3.4 there you had only to hit 4 or 8....and you had an automatic loop running.in version 4 you have to do it by hand!i mean first you mast go to the start loop point then you push 8 then you push play!in 3.4 you only had to hit 8 and the right loop was running.Why you changed that??

Posted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 1:12 pm
discotronic wrote :
i think he means in 3.4 there you had only to hit 4 or 8....and you had an automatic loop running.in version 4 you have to do it by hand!i mean first you mast go to the start loop point then you push 8 then you push play!in 3.4 you only had to hit 8 and the right loop was running.Why you changed that??

Yes.. thank you. I use the MK2 and another thing I miss is the ability to use effects such as flange at the touch of a button. Now, you need to go into effects and do it by hand? Honestly 4 seems to be a downgrade.

Yet another problem I just noticed. In 3.4, I used to use the internal laptop soundcard to play my karaoke (used an external board to adjust the volume)

On another channel on the board, I had the MK2 input. Now, EVERYTHING goes through the MK2, making it impossible to mix via the board.

Only reason I want to upgrade is due to the quickly diminishing support for 3.4.... in effects, skins, etc

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 4:01 am
on 4.2 you can use the console mapper to restore most that sample funtionality

however it is a benifit to be able to activate many fx at once not just 3 :-)

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 11:08 am
Understand that it is "better" to be able to use more than 3 effects at the same time. But could have been done better. Could have added more buttons to the skins instead of opening a new window.

If you can map it.. please tell me how. IIRC, when I tried to map the 1-2-3 buttons to effects, all I got was loops...

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 11:17 am
agreed....

however, it is far easier to say lets enable a gazzillion fx than it is to actually implement even two..and then to deactivate one...

anyway...
tell me more on this mapping thingy...how does one go back to the good old feel??

thanks

DJ Rudra

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 11:27 am
it should be possible to map the fx buttons to load 3 effects i belive with the latest mapper from dj cel i havent had a chance to test this yet tho

Posted Thu 04 Jan 07 @ 12:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)