Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules MK2 "Enable DJ Mouse" problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dconroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've been working through the features of my new MK2 and really like the ability of mouse control using the MK2. However...

Using the DJ Mouse function seems to double up the funtion of the stick: it now works the pointer, but still scrolls the browser window independently at the same time.

And the left and right buttons seem to auto-cue tracks to deck A and B while at the same time acting like left and right mouse buttons. It's quite confusing.

Is there a function I should turn off when I enable DJ Mouse mode?

Thanks!

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 4:03 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it is a mouse basicaly so u cant realy change this i dont think

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 4:12 am
That really defeats the mouse functionality to not be able to turn off the track selection features. I push the stick to move the mouse up to edit the config, and the playlist browser also gets highlighted and browses to a playlist.

When I left-click to open the config(with pointer over the config button), it auto-loads the highlighted track (away from the pointer) to the left deck, prompts to stop the playing track, and opens the config all at the same time.

If I mouse over the cancel butten and left click, it cancels, but then also registers as if I'd clicked to load whatever happened to be highlighted then.

Does anyone understand the behavior I'm describing?

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 4:38 am
on closer inspection i think there is a tick box to turn of the joystick on remote control tab

have a look

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 2:32 pm
Unfortunately, the only option is to enable or disable scratching via the joystick...

I'm hoping someone has seen and solved this, or else I'll need to start learning how to map the midi funtions.

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 5:41 pm
try dj cels mapper:)

Posted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 5:44 pm
No No No go to the Hercules MK2 icon in the bottom of your screen when you have it hooked up, the settings are there not in VDJ. Happy Holidays.

Posted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 5:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)