Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV HOOK UP and CONFIG. HELP!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have just spent a shit load on my new equipment and cant get anything to work at all. i hook everything up and turn it all on and then go into VDJ PRO and into Config. -> Sound Setup. Inputs: Timecodes, Outputs: External, Sound card(s): U46DJ..then if i hit OK. it sends me this message "ERROR in the ASIO sound drivers: Not enough channels" and if i got into Timecode config. instead of hitting OK. right away.. it opens a window and shows my Timecode quality for both my turntables at 0%..i then hit Auto Config. its says "No timecode signal found. Please play a timecoded vinyl on the turntable and try again. If it's still not working, check your cables and the volumes of your sound card." i do all that and still nothing.. please help me. is it my connection or the VDJ's configs.?? or even something else.. what ever but please help me.

This is my setup:
- Numark DM950 Mixer
x2 Numark TT1165 turntable
- ESI U46DJ Soundcard
- custom built pc that meets all requirements of VDJ Pro software
- u46 1.016 driver
x2 TCV
- VDJ Pro

This is how i got it Connected:
turntable #1 red and white ---->u46 inputs 1 & 2
turntable #2 red and white ---->u46 inputs 3 & 4

u46 output 1 & 2 ---->mixer input channel 1, line. red and white

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 2:04 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
go to the proformance tab and choose latency "auto"

that should clean up the timecode singal :)

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 2:32 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wow slow down ..... :)

it sounds like you have it setup properly and it just might be the difference of a driver for the u46. What driver are you using? 1.014, 1.016, 1.018 best bet is 1.016

find it here ---------> http://www.esiforum.com/show.asp?db=esi&t=esi1&mode=0&msg=2876

once you have uninstalled 1.014 and installed 1.016 reboot

then plug in the u46 and power it on, wait about 10-20 seconds to make sure the usb is connected and the u46 detected, your pc might make a dinging sound

once you can see that is done then start up vdj, and proceed to sound options, select your config

you should not get any errors at this point

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 4:25 pm
yo thanks guys..its all hooked up and sounding great :) so thanks for to help and catch ya later.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 1:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)