Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question about "automatic play sonique when mp3" - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

The feature that has the soniques play automatically when you go from video to mp3 is absolutely awesome when used correctly and probably best with a crossfader.

It works so great and has come so far.

BUT,

There are times during the night that we want to black out the room in the club.

Is there a way to black out the screens (no sonique) when you have this feature enabled. Besides going into the settings and unlicking it.

if not, I hear V4.2 written all over this feature.

If it can be done, please explain.

Thanks,

B

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:04 am
I too would love that feature as I have 4 screens that are electric and I like to start the show and put the screens up and down to add a little something different to the show.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:27 am
DiscoB,

A) does that mean we are sure it can't be done?

B) Has it been STONGLY requested for the upcoming V4.2?

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:33 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
does your system support A/V mute?

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:37 am
very tech Q sky,

how can I find this out?

B

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 1:19 am
usualy a remote or a button for projectors and tvs

to make the video black until you press it again

called av mute you can aslo get monitor/tv switch boxes to do its

there about 20$

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 1:31 am
can't - I need to block it out at the laptop. Do you see it being added to the next version? I am sure all those people that use this popular function, MUST at some time need to have the soniquesf stop moving for a moment.

Wouldn't you agree- everything else in the program can be stopped but this?

B

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 1:34 am

Ask in the plugin forum ;)

would be the easiest plugin in the world to make;)

BLACK OUT for video ;)

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 1:37 am
Hey Nory,

I just put it in New Features.

SHould I put it in the plugin forum as well?- do you have any connections to help make this happen?

appreciate it.

B

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 2:10 am

I can ask DJ Cel... ;)

It should be pretty simple to make:)

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 2:32 am
For the moment, create a folder with a black image in it, and turn on slideshow when you need a black screen. Even if you use slideshow for other things, just keep a seperate folder with your blackout file in it and change folders as needed.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 3:31 am
pretty creative idea- even though it is a lot of work to hit slidehow, open, find the folder (i have 3), hit BLACKOUT file; all supposed to be right on beat for about 4 seconds

:-)

very creative though.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 3:37 am
Hoffman wrote :
pretty creative idea- even though it is a lot of work to hit slidehow, open, find the folder (i have 3), hit BLACKOUT file; all supposed to be right on beat for about 4 seconds

:-)

very creative though.

No it isn't, and look outside the box, if not slideshow then the 'logo' plugin or one of the others that shows a picture, preload your black pic when you start VDJ, then use the quick effect buttons under the decks, it's just a simple mouseclick or keypress (if you set a shortcut)

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:09 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The creative idea only works with slideshow as showlogo and sonique will blend - slideshow is the only one that OVER-RIDES the sonique output.

But it would be nice to have a BlackOut plugin.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 5:03 pm
@Hoffman I am a little confused about the questions you asked me. I was simply agreeing with your suggestion as I too could use it for my show. I was simply telling you guys that I raise and lower my screens all the time and the blackout is exactly what I am looking for.

Posted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 11:20 pm
@ Brian

Yes I knew that- what made you think different? I was just asking if we knew for sure it couldn;t be done (we know now it can't) and if anyone had requested it for the next version..
You and I are on the same page.

Norway said he'd try to drop a note to Cyder and maybe something could be made soon.

Let's hope.

;-)

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 12:55 am
@Cstoll- you are right again!!

I made a black picture and a hotkey for slidehow and selected the picture. I am lucky I dont use other sideshow pictures once the night is underway.

I hit the hotkey for slideshow to black out the room.

genius!!

thanks

B

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 1:04 am
Got it to work as a Slideshow, but how do you make a Hotkey shortcut for it? I have never made hotkeys for effects before. Thanks

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 1:46 am
check the shortcut list + how to make one , in my blog for more info

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 3:41 am
REAL EASY-

go to "Config" "Keyboard Shortcuts" "Add." On the left hit "VIDEO" on the right hit "video_select_fx" then hit the key you want. THEN YOU MUST type the name of the effect (slideshow) in the box where it says Value =. Now you have assigned the effect to that button. But you must also assign the button to start and stop the effect. So go back to ADD, VIDEO, and hit video_fx and hit the same key you want and where it says value = type the name again SLIDESHOW. A prompt will appear that says you have assigned the same key twice; just say YES Or OK.

let me know if that works Brian or we can talk via phone if you need.

B

Posted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 7:12 am
95%