Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: I'm Angry

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not a happy DJ tonight.

I've been trying to get a 320kbs version of Deep Dish's Say Hello, that is the full eight minute version.

Problem I can't.

Reason:- Because I live in the UK,

Because all my cards are based in the UK, and due to some ridiculously outdated copyright laws, I can't get hold of it.

It is laws such as these which make people go on p2p websites and steal tracks from there.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Posted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 11:31 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
how annoying :(

Posted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 11:01 pm
I have the same problem.....usually, i have the same problem.......
The last track that i can't buy (on Beatport) because i stay in Italy, is "Mashtronic - Earthquake feat. Luke Star"........gggggrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Someone tell me "ehi, try to E-mule".........and i answer "What is E-mule, lol???"
;-)
Bye

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 6:58 pm

digital mules what next , !

Posted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 7:13 pm
DJ YogiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
No one steals anything on p2p networks. Files are SHARED. No one loses any SHARED files when they use a p2p client. Don't be fooled by the IFPI and its cohorts.

Posted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 12:18 am
I can see where you're coming from, but why should I have to be put into an position not of my choosing because of out-dated copyright legislation.

By all means find the people stealing music, but for heaven sake for the sake of future DJs, cut the red tape, which is stopping us getting the music that we want.

Posted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 12:35 pm
u know why would u want a 320 version of that song, sint 192 the same? i cant tell a diference in 320 and 192.

Posted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 8:06 pm
wessmith wrote :
u know why would u want a 320 version of that song, sint 192 the same? i cant tell a diference in 320 and 192.

lower qualtiy which you will notice in a club ;)

on larger systems

Posted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 8:14 pm
Yes...i think like Simon...the same thing, from a file Wav to an mp3 at 320kbps...
Bye

Posted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 8:30 pm
skyfxl wrote :
wessmith wrote :

lower qualtiy which you will notice in a club ;)

on larger systems

Exactly, Sky!

If I want to start taking DJing seriously then I want to have ALL my music encoded @ the highest quality possible.

No Risks taken at all.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 9:46 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Where did you try buying Deep dish - say hello?

Maybe it's available at www.beatport.com or on www.4deejays.com for the UK.

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 1:56 pm
if you a uk user

cheap solution is to buy cd compliations then pay a digital dj licence for permsion to rip and use them

only 199. =)

Posted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 2:21 pm
JeremK wrote :
Where did you try buying Deep dish - say hello?

Maybe it's available at www.beatport.com or on www.4deejays.com for the UK.

J.

Tried Beatport, but because of where I am, it will not allow me to purchase it, as it is only licensed to sell it to buyers in certain countries.

Just registered for 4deejays, so gonna have a look in there.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 4:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)